Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Online resource for learning basic guitar chords??

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 06-11-03, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello all,

housesitting next week and will have access to an acoustic.. looking to learn some basic chords so i can do some strumming.

anyone know of any sites that give good explanations on how to play certain chords? thanks in advance!
Old 06-11-03, 01:18 PM

Received 155 Likes on 112 Posts
Re: Online resource for learning basic guitar chords??

Originally posted by mkdevo
hello all,

housesitting next week and will have access to an acoustic.. looking to learn some basic chords so i can do some strumming.

anyone know of any sites that give good explanations on how to play certain chords? thanks in advance!
Allow me to give you a piece of advice, coming from someone who's played guitar for almost 30 years:

1. Buy a chord dictionary. An entire generation of guitar players cut their teeth on the one by Mel Bay, so look for that one.

2. Buy a Beatles for easy guitar book and learn the songs. You'll learn how chords go together and why, and you'll learn more about song construction and composition than just about anywhere else.

To answer your question http://www.harmony-central.com and http://www.olga.net probably have what you want (but not what you need).