Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Nine inch nails question

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Nine inch nails question

Old 06-05-03, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 88 Posts
Nine inch nails question

Anyone know if NIN does a cover of the sopranos theme song(Chosen one)? If so where might it be available?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 06-05-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't heard of this, but if they did I would LOVE to get my hands on a copy!
Old 06-05-03, 08:30 PM

Dont know bout the cover but I know that in Feb NIN will be releasing the first cd ever written and recorded for 5.1 and 5.1 only...
Old 06-05-03, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The sad thing... Trent Reznor is no longer doing to DOOM III soundtrack/score because of work on the new album. a bit of a damn if you do/damn if you don't situation. I would love to hear trent's work on DOOM III, but I would also love a new album.
Old 06-06-03, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No.

And about the 5.1 thing. He's been considering toying with the idea since making The DVDs, but nothing more. There hasn't been a shred of substantial NIN news other than this Doom3 thing in a year.
Old 06-06-03, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 06-06-03, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by KevinSmithIsGod
Dont know bout the cover but I know that in Feb NIN will be releasing the first cd ever written and recorded for 5.1 and 5.1 only...

nice. been waiting for something like this for along time, but i had always hoped it would be Skinny Puppy.
Old 06-06-03, 09:13 AM
Moderator Emeritus

New album?!?!? I thought other than this tapeworm thing, there was nothing to report in the life of the Great One.
Old 06-06-03, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 88 Posts
Thanks alll, I found what claims to be the sopranos theme song by nin on a file share service but its never been available for download. Probalby just someone having fun....
Old 06-06-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well.. since I've moved on in my musical life, I haven't heard much about NIN although I did buy and REALLY enjoy the last album Fragile, and the remix version.. anything else come out since?
Old 06-06-03, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by pixyboi
Well.. since I've moved on in my musical life, I haven't heard much about NIN although I did buy and REALLY enjoy the last album Fragile, and the remix version.. anything else come out since?
Just The live DVD/CD "And All That Could Have Been." It's a pretty slick set, but the cd has some treble issues. The DTS Mix on the DVD is sick though.

No new album is planned for the near future though, I don't know where the heck people are hearing this. Trent just left the Doom3 project after spending 2 years on it to work on a new one though. No release dates have been chosen though.
Old 06-06-03, 02:47 PM

There's no source yet on the news that Trent left Doom 3. It was posted on a nin fan site, but there was no indication on where they heard it from. So it's still rumor (as far as I'm concerned) at this point.

-HM
Old 06-06-03, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Hollow Man
There's no source yet on the news that Trent left Doom 3. It was posted on a nin fan site, but there was no indication on where they heard it from. So it's still rumor (as far as I'm concerned) at this point.

-HM

TheNinHotline.net Isn't really known for posting rumors. They've always been pretty head on. I was really looking forward to his involvement, but if leaving means a new NIN record faster, then I'm all for it.