Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Good Maria McKee cds?

Old 06-02-03, 03:07 PM

Good Maria McKee cds?

Hi, I was on a long car trip over the weekend and one of the cds I had in my player was the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. I haven't listened to it in ages, and when I got to song 11, If Love Is A Red Dress(Hang Me In Rags) by Maria McKee, it completely blew me away.

I've never been a big fan of country music before, and I still don't like much of it, but her voice, that song, it was amazing.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some of her other works that are similar in style to the song on the Pulp Fiction sound track. Much Thanks!
Old 06-02-03, 04:45 PM

Probably your best bet would be the "Ultimate Collection" on Hip-O Records. It has stuff from her first 3 albums plus some Lone Justice songs. I think my favorite is still her first, self-titled, album.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-02-03, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Uh, I'm wearing a Maria McKee shirt right now... have been all day. I think I'm supposed to respond to this thread

Honestly, I've heard nothing from her since her solo debut back in '89. That CD is pretty good. I didn't realize there was a compilation, but seeing that some Lone Justice songs are on it that would probably be your best bet.

I saw her on a talk show singing a new song recently and wasn't very impressed.
Old 06-03-03, 04:55 PM

Thanks for the answers. I'll check on amazon and see what the listener reviewers think as well.
Old 06-03-03, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by SiberianLlama
Thanks for the answers. I'll check on amazon and see what the listener reviewers think as well.
You Gotta Sin to Get Saved <<-------one of the best albums i own. try this first. the ultimate collection was disappointing as was the new cd. if you want lone justice, get The World Is Not My Home.
Old 06-05-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think that "You Gotta Sin to Get Saved" is great; her first self-titled album is pretty good too. Her stuff with Lone Justice is decent as well.

Her voice is amazing, and she is stunningly beautiful IMO. I am going to marry her someday (just as soon as that pesky Robbie Robertson--her husband--keels over).
Old 06-05-03, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the further suggestions. "You Gotta Sin to Get Saved" sounds like the album I'll try first. Thanks again.