Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Top 10 worst bands/musicians RIGHT NOW!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The Top 10 worst bands/musicians RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by evenflowddt
Lame.
They're just OPINIONS.

Get over yourself, for once.
Old 06-03-03, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea truly I can't believe some people would mention Radiohead, Tool, and Eminem before people like Good Charlotte, A Simple Plan, and Sum 41. I mean you don't like em, fine, but at least they try and do something different from the rest of the pack while the three latter bands I mentioned just make horrible repetitive music that they pretentiously call "punk", I call it dull, repetitive and mediocre at best.

Here is my list of the 10 worst musicians:
1-Good Charlotte-Absolutely no talent. They play awful music they call "punk", and their lyrics are some of the worst I've ever heard.
2-Any artist the comes out of American Idol-Like the music industry isn't f'd up enough we have to put up with these manufactured artists that come out of this awful show.
3-A Simple Plan-Blink 182 clones, they have nothing original and again try to convince people they are punk when their music is bad pop at best.
4-Linkin Park-Singer has one of the most annoying voices ever! and the other guy that tries to rap also sucks. They have nothing original to offer.
5-Theory of a Deadman-These guys sound just like Nickeback but worse.
6-Jennifer Lopez-Her songs are some of the cheesiest songs ever. She should stick to dancing or something other than singing.
7-Nickelback-Annoying singer, bad songs, everything about this band annoys me.
8-Creed-The singer for this band is so f'ing conceided, he thinks his band is the greatest, but I see 'em as a band that tries to sound too much like Pearl Jam, a much better band.
9-Avril Levigne-I'll give her the benefit of the doubt because she is young, but she still has no talent.
10-Kid Rock-Hate him and his music. Nuff said.
Old 06-03-03, 09:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
1. Creed
2. Creed
3. Creed
4. Godsmack
5. Creed
6. Creed
7. Linkin Park
8. Creed
9. Creed
10. Arms Wide Open - A Tribute to Creed
Old 06-03-03, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Iron Chef
They're just OPINIONS.

Exactly and it's my OPINION that putting Radiohead, Tool or Metallica over crap like Sum 41, Linkin Park in a WORST BANDS thread is LAME.
Old 06-03-03, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Capo2002

10-Kid Rock-Hate him and his music. Nuff said.
Oh darn, I forgot about him. Yeah he's one of the worst out there.
Old 06-03-03, 12:26 PM
Mod Emeritus

<small>
Man, this thread hasn't gone the way I thought it would go...
<snip>
Lame.
</small>Maybe you need to think more before you post, 'flo.... a whole lot more.

As in, if you are determined to persist in this habit of ridiculing/dismissing other people's posts without the inclusion of much that resembles constructive thought, maybe someone will give you some "thinking time" to play with.

Benedict
Moderator, Music talk

Last edited by benedict; 06-03-03 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-03-03, 12:48 PM
Banned

yeah well said benedict
Old 06-03-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really like System of a Down. People tend to lump them in with the whole "nu-metal" scene, but I think the complexity and intricacy of their music (which uses a lot of Armenian folk) puts them many steps ahead of their competition. Also, I think Serj is one of the few vocalists around today that has genuine charisma. His delivery and power are both top notch.

I guess to each his own.
Old 06-03-03, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Capo2002

4-Linkin Park-Singer has one of the most annoying voices ever!
Man, I like the guys voice, in fact I think it would be interesting to hear him do some straight rock.

Annoying? Let's see?

1. Alanis Morissette - finger nails on a chalk board
2. Sheryl Crow - I have never understood the attraction to her
3. Boy Bands - It really doesn't matter which one, any type of manufactured group sucks, except the Monkees.
4. Type O Negative - I liked them until I saw them live a couple of times. They need to learn to play their instruments
5. Kiss - $1000??? Please!
6. Cher - I really hope this is her farewell tour. Ugh!
7. Audioslave - Very disappointing result from a promising concept.
8. Chevelle - I just saw them live. Oh my god, did they suck!
9. Uncle Kracker - I just don't like his stuff.
10. Whitney Houston - whiny crack whore
Old 06-04-03, 12:33 AM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
Uh-oh! A band I kind of like has recently been mentioned on somebody's list.....maybe I should pitch a fit?

Seriously, as the first person who mentioned Radiohead, I gotta say I'm not really bothered if others find that choice "lame." I admit I'm hardly an expert on them, and that my dislike is based on trying (and failing) to get through Kid A, my hatred for the song "Creep," and what I perceive as Mr. Yorke's "tortured soul" schtick.

Then again, I don't think I've ever heard a Good Charlotte song, so maybe I should go find one, then edit my posts by putting their name in place of Radiohead's.
Old 06-04-03, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The Top 10 worst bands/musicians RIGHT NOW!

2. Sean Paul
That reggae crap is pretty stupid. "Sing" some undeciphirable lyrics and then have a "hot" chorus and get a lot of play on the radio and dance floors. This guy has absolutely NO talent.
Sorry to nitpick, but technically it's Dancehall. Not reggae.

As for me, I cant stand pretty much anything on TRL. Just take artists 1-10 on the countdown on a daily basis and you have my worst list.
Old 06-04-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

1. Celine Dion
2. Whitney Houston
3. Faith Hill
(can you tell I don't like divas who only are a voice and don't write/produce/arrange any of their music but still take themselves way too seriously)

4. Kelly Clarkson - I guess, I've only seen the one video and don't watch(like) American Idol
5. Whoever won this year's AI
6. Whoever came in second on this year's AI
7. Whoever came in second on last year's AI

8,9,10,etc. any rock band with a number in their title that came out in the last 10 years or so (Matchbox 40, Sum 409, Blink 282, 411, etc.)
Old 06-04-03, 10:55 PM

borisdisco, I actually think Audioslave is one of the best bands to come out in the past 10 years. I used to love Rage, but the whole rap/rock infusion grew old rather quickly in my eyes. Just my opinion though. Audioslave took a while to grow on me, so if you haven't done so already, listen to the album a couple of times.
Old 06-04-03, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
1. Kelly Clarkson

2. Has Sly Stallone ever been in a band?

Also, as much as I dislike rap in general, I'll be the first to admit that Eminem is talented and stands out from the pack.

Old 06-05-03, 12:30 AM

Originally posted by Dudikoff
borisdisco, I actually think Audioslave is one of the best bands to come out in the past 10 years. I used to love Rage, but the whole rap/rock infusion grew old rather quickly in my eyes. Just my opinion though. Audioslave took a while to grow on me, so if you haven't done so already, listen to the album a couple of times.

I agree with you. The album gets better the more you listen to it.
Old 06-05-03, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

1. Creed
2. Three Doors Down
3. Matchbox 20
4. Puddle of Mudd
5. Boy Bands (I lump them all together, it's all crap)
6. Avril Lavigne
7. Nickelbag, Nicklesack whatever
8. Good Charlotte
9. Linkin Park
10. Rush (sorry but I loathe this band)
Old 06-06-03, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by Dudikoff
Okay I will listen a couple of more times. It just seems to be very dull to me. I don't know what I really expected. Chris Cornell has disappointed me before.
Old 06-07-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
1) Kelly Clarkson
2) Nicklesack
3) Linkin Park
4) Boy Bands
5) Avril Lavigne
6) Jay Z
7).....there really are so many these days that are interchangeable and I can't keep all the names straight.....but the examples above represent the worst of the worst imho.
Old 06-07-03, 03:05 AM
Banned

Radiohead. By far and away the most over-rated piece of k-rap in the last decade at least.
Old 06-07-03, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 357 Likes on 231 Posts
There are a whole lot of crappy bands out now, and my daughter is a fan of most of them. Some names I remember are 50 Cent, Justin Timberlake (let's just throw in all boy bands for good measure), whoever sings that "bump bump bump" song, Kelly Clarkson, Kid Rock, Sheryll Crow, and Jennifer Lopez.

I like Matchox 20 and Linkin Park even though they get dissed a lot, but to each their own.

tasha

Last edited by tasha99; 06-07-03 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-07-03, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Surf Monkey
Radiohead. By far and away the most over-rated piece of k-rap in the last decade at least.
I think the Beatles were worse...
Old 06-07-03, 10:25 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Alyoshka
I think the Beatles were worse...
The Beatles worse than Radiohead? Can I have a hit off of your crackpipe?

The Beatles are what any band should aspire to be, a group that will influence other bands for generations to come. Not a single one of today's "new" acts will be remembered in that way. The only two that come anywhere near to reaching legendary status were Madonna and Michael Jackson, and they've both gone weird and p!ssed their careers away.

I listened to Radiohead once... they appeared on Saturday Night Live. My mother, who also watches, later asked me if that was supposed to be a comedy skit, because it definitely wasn't funny. I just sat back and shook my head sadly, wondering why so many people flock to this band. They haven't even learned the basics yet... dissonance is ok when used sparingly, but when you over-use it like they do, the song comes out sounding like no one in the band knows how to play their instrument.

I swear, I've heard little kids banging on the keyboards in the music aisle that sounded better.
Old 06-07-03, 11:30 AM

I have to add Sigur Ros to this list. I've seen mention of them in the Top 10 best bands thread so I gave them a listen.

I don't get it. This is not music, it's more like a nature sounds CD to be put to sleep by.

I'd also like to add Radiohead. I don't get their music either. Does every song have to be downtrodden? It's painful for me to listen to it. Damn I hate his voice. Enough with the whining!

I'm done ranting now.
Old 06-07-03, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by JestersTear
The Beatles worse than Radiohead? Can I have a hit off of your crackpipe?
[Disclaimer]Post not to be taken at face value[/disclaimer]

I swear, I've heard little kids banging on the keyboards in the music aisle that sounded better.
After one listen on SNL, I'm pretty glad that you're able to come to such profound determinations. I like their music, I think they do creative things, and I know that it's written in very unique ways. I've heard a noted Music theory professor from Yale University discuss how multidimensional and creative the music of Radiohead is.

I doubt it's for everyone. But I don't doubt that for generations they will be adored by people. I know that you've never heard kids make music that is better than Radiohead. Perhaps it sounded better to you than your brief exposure to Radiohead on SNL but that isn't saying much.
Old 06-07-03, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by Alyoshka
[Disclaimer]I've heard a noted Music theory professor from Yale University discuss how multidimensional and creative the music of Radiohead is.

This still won't make me like their music.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.