Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

"Judy in Disguise"-- Different Versions?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-03, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Now here's an obscure question--

I absolutely adore the song "Judy in Disguise" (With Glasses) by John Fred and the Playboys. I first heard it on a CD that I borrowed from the library years ago and played it countless times. Sadly, the library lost that CD (or something).

Recently I've been looking for a copy of it. The thing is, the versions that I've been finding lately seems different; less lively. They're by John Fred and the Playboys, but just anemic compared to the version I heard.

It's like there's less percussion, less piano, and a less life to it. The original version was so damned powerful I could never get it out of my head.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? And does anyone know where I might find the original version?

Last edited by PatD; 05-24-03 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-25-03, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The version I have is the original - look for Billboard's Top Rock And Roll Hits, 1968 in any record store - or online.