Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What differentiates the price tiers at the House of Blues?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-21-03, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I'm not sure if all House of Blues venues are like this, but the site for the Myrtle Beach location lists a wide range of prices for most of their shows. The show I'm interested in attending is a Weird Al concert, which varies in price from $27.50 to $65.00. I don't mind paying $65 to see Weird Al, but I'm curious what I'd be getting for my money that differentiates it from a ticket that's half the cost. The House of Blues site doesn't make any mention of what separates them, and the Myrtle Beach location's information line is equally useless in that respect. I apparently can't talk to a human unless I'm buying tickets. I checked Ticketmaster's site for some of the HOB shows with multiple ticket prices, and they only carried the lowest of the bunch. I might end up talking to a ticket operator even before tickets go on sale...couldn't hurt to ask, I guess. But anyway, since this seems to be standard practice for them, I was curious if anyone could fill me in.
Old 05-21-03, 09:50 PM

According to the HOB website, http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues...cialevents.asp
the seating capacity is 2060.

House of Blues Music Hall is the premiere live music venue in South Carolina and is a truly unique setting for any special event. It offers two spacious levels and the collection of folk art adorning the walls is a feast for the eyes. This room can accommodate special events from 100 up to 2,000 people. Let us book the entertainment for you or provide any type of background music as well as handle all your production needs.

capacity
upstairs 800
downstairs 1200
totals 2060

The tickets for Peter Frampton have 2 prices, but you can only purchase the lower priced tickets. I am thinking the higher priced ticket is some sort of dinner and concert thin or something. The venue is typically GA. I think you will be fine with the lower priced ticket.

Last edited by borisdisco; 05-21-03 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-22-03, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This might help (from their web site).....

Music Hall is mainly general admission/standing room with 150 barstools and 20 tables-reserved loge seating overlooking the stage and dance floor includes cocktail service and is available at a slightly higher price through the box office only.

I guess they are not available on-line.
Old 05-22-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Thanks. I don't drink, so paying extra for cocktail service and all doesn't sound particularly appealing.
Old 05-22-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

In Vegas, the balcony level is generally more expensive. I actually prefer the floor, so I've never paid the extra cash...