Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

<Linkin Park>:[Meteora] 25.03.03

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

<Linkin Park>:[Meteora] 25.03.03

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This album is growing on me the more I listen. I remember hearing about a song titled My December during the Monday radio promotion and it is also mentioned in this thread. Did they change the title of the song due to the Reanimation album?
Old 03-28-03, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out track 7...i
Old 03-28-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by innocentfreak
This album is growing on me the more I listen. I remember hearing about a song titled My December during the Monday radio promotion and it is also mentioned in this thread. Did they change the title of the song due to the Reanimation album?
My December was one of their older tracks that wasn't on Hybrid Theory. There's a remix of it on Reanimation, which IMO isn't too great. If you look, you can pretty easily find the original.

In regards to Meteora, it's also starting to grow on me. I love breaking the habit right now. I agree that this album is not innovative, but that doesn't mean it can't be a great rock album.
Old 03-30-03, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They are the most complete band as regards there unison. Each member seems irreplaceable. That is very evident in the bonus dvd. As far as the album, Hybrid Theory was a flawless ablum but this one is even better. You are able to see there maturation from HT to Meteora. These guys are saving the new world of music as the likes of Britney Spears and B2K nearly killed it.
Old 03-30-03, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like it!

"Faint" and "Breaking The Habit" are my favorite tracks on it for now.
Old 03-31-03, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
for some reason Track 5- Hit The Floor is my favorite right now. I have listened to the whole album 4 times already

I must say I really do like the album a bunch.
Old 03-31-03, 02:32 AM

I could play tracks 7 and 11 (Faint and Nobody's Listening) on repeat for a long time - they are awesome! This album is not Hybrid Theory quality but certainly one of the best albums I have bought in a long while...
Old 03-31-03, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree, the album has grown on me also.....I think Track 5 is the best song, very cool sound. Track 2 is good too.
Old 04-03-03, 01:00 PM

I have to agree with all said here. After first run through I thought the CD should have been titled Mediocrity. Then it grew on me. As for me Hit the Floor,Figure 09, and Don't Stay are my favorites right now. There is no filler on this CD and most of the tracks could be the next single. This CD is not Hybrid Theory(which for it's time was revolutionary) but it's still a good one. I happen to think some of the tracks could have used more development but they have a style and they stick with it. If I remember reading correctly both Meteora and HT come in under 40 minutes, so they pack more into less time. Overall, great follow-up album and there appears to be no sophomore jinx.
Old 04-03-03, 05:24 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I've come cowering back to agree with you guys...it's really grown on me. I've been looping it at work, and I'm really beginning to enjoy it. I can't get enough of Don't Stay, Hit The Floor, and Numb, but I agree with Sentineles that there really isn't any filler here. It's all good stuff.
Old 04-06-03, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Like it a lot as well, but damn if the whole thing isn't only 36 minutes long. I know I picked up the CD cheap and it's got the video, but some of us *like* long songs.
Old 02-10-23, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Re: <Linkin Park>:[Meteora] 25.03.03

20th Anniversary of Linkin Park's Meteora is being released April 7, 2023.
https://www.linkinpark.com/meteora20

Linkin Park Announce Release of ‘Never-Before-Heard’ 2003 Song ‘Lost’
The track was from the band's 2003 Meteora album
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...st-1234674870/

LINKIN PARK IS celebrating the 20th anniversary of their second album Meteora by releasing a previously unreleased song called “Lost,” of course featuring the lead vocals of the late Chester Bennington.

“‘Lost,’ a new, never-before-heard song from the Meteora archives,” wrote the band on Twitter Monday, sharing a snippet of the soon-to-be-released song, which features Bennington’s vocals as he sings: “‘Cause when I’m alone, I’m lost in these memories, living behind my illusion.”

The rock band had previously shared a countdown to their website, which expired on Feb. 1, when it was replaced by a puzzle where fans could look for clues as the what’s to come. The lead-up, fans believe, will lead to the re-release of Meteora. “What’s this?” the band teased on Instagram.

Linkin Park has been known for revisiting their old music: in 2020, they reissued their debut album Hybrid Theory with unreleased songs, and last year dropped a deluxe version of 2007’s Minutes to Midnight. The group has been on hiatus since Bennington’s death in 2017.

There has been no indication that the group plans to reunite, but back in May, the group shared an Instagram post where they announced that the group “begin sharing a little more regularly” with fans.“There’s no concrete plan, but that’s what we like about it,” the group wrote on Instagram, teasing a “Notes from the Band,” which would include “tiny snapshots into our daily misadventures.”

Linkin Park released their nu metal sophomore LP Meteora back in 2003, featuring songs like “Numb,” “Somewhere I Belong,” and “Faint.” The track “Session” was nominated for a Grammy Award in 2004. It debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.

The following users liked this post:
Michael Corvin (02-18-23)
Old 02-18-23, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: <Linkin Park>:[Meteora] 25.03.03

Nice! I like it.

They should have a treasure trove of unreleased stuff. They supposedly recorded a few dozen+ for Minutes to Midnight. They could put out a helluva collection full of unreleased material.