Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Ice Cube remasters

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-03, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Ice Cube remasters

Tomorrow (2/25) sees the release of two Ice Cube remasters: AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted and Death Certificate. They are supposed to have bonus tracks - any idea what they will be?

So, I've never heard either one of these and was thinking of picking up one (or maybe both) tomorrow. I believe Circuit City has both of them for $9 each this week. Is one better than the other?

I'm definately going to buy the remastered Predator when it comes out on 3/11. I love that album and want to replace my dubbed cassette copy.
Old 02-24-03, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just found out that AMW will have 7 bonus tracks (remixes and b-sides, I guess) and DC has one bonus track.

Still, any recommnedations?
Old 02-24-03, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 909 Likes on 552 Posts
Already bought AMW twice when it first came out (damn edited version!)...dunno that I'd get it a third time. I guess I'd have to see if anything was that compelling.

As far as your question on one being better than the other - are you familiar with these two albums? Both of them, plus the Kill At Will EP, are pretty much all of the Cube I've ever needed. Didn't care much for Predator, Lethal Injection, or anything thereafter.

Oh - just connected to my music server, and realized that Kill At Will is seven tracks long. I don't suppose they're just adding it to AMW?

Last edited by emanon; 02-24-03 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-25-03, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by emanon

Oh - just connected to my music server, and realized that Kill At Will is seven tracks long. I don't suppose they're just adding it to AMW?
Yeah, just checked the track listing at BestBuy.com and it looks like the EP is added to AMW. I may just pick this one up.
Old 02-25-03, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Kill at will" is added to AMW
"How to survive in south central" (from Boyz in the hood)
is the bonus track on Death Certificate.

Will be picking both of these up for $9 at CC.
I have both on cassette, this is a good reason to up grade.

"Predator" and "Leathal Injection" bonus tracks are
taken from Icecubes "Bootlegs and B-sides" album.
Old 02-25-03, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 909 Likes on 552 Posts
Originally posted by DJLinus
Yeah, just checked the track listing at BestBuy.com and it looks like the EP is added to AMW. I may just pick this one up.
Ahh...that makes an excellent album even better, but also means that I already have its full content. That's fine!
Old 02-25-03, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I ended up getting AMW - great stuff. I love hearing production by the Bomb Squad. It really makes me long for the golden age of hip-hop when even the stuff getting airplay was good.
Old 02-25-03, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DJLinus
I ended up getting AMW - great stuff. I love hearing production by the Bomb Squad. It really makes me long for the golden age of hip-hop when even the stuff getting airplay was good.
Word 1988-1995 were like the golden years for me I remember buying five to six CD's a week with no money and I $hitty after school job. Now I'm a bit well off and have alot more money and I only buy maybe one or two CD's a month.

I also miss angry I got some deep stuff to say Ice Cube.
Old 03-10-03, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like The Predator and Lethal Injection will also be $8.99 a piece tomorrow at Circuit City. I haven't listened to the former in years - hope it still holds up, because at the time it came out I thought it was great.
Old 03-12-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, these are ICE CUBE'S first and best in my opinion.

Getting the whole Kill At Will EP added on to AMW is a great deal.

Death Certificate is Ice Cube's best album by far. Pick it up remastered if you don't have it.
Old 03-12-03, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great choice, Death Certificate was his best album. I wasn't a big fan of Lethal Injection though
Old 05-25-17, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: Ice Cube remasters

Ice Cube Signs to Interscope Records, Will Re-Release 'Death Certificate' With Three New Songs

The first project that will come out under Cube's new deal will be the 25th anniversary of his sophomore album Death Certificate. Released in 1992, the controversial project was lauded for its candor and sheer aggression. Death Certificate: 25 Anniversary Edition will drop June 9 with three new songs, including “Only One Me,” “Dominate the Weak” and “Good Cop, Bad Cop.” The latter will serve as the lead single. Pre-orders for the album will begin June 2.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...iversary-album