Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Audio Slave in Concert

Old 02-24-03, 06:19 PM

Audioslave in Concert

I saw Audioslave at 1st Ave in Minneapolis last night. Possibly the best live show I have ever seen. The band sounded perfect, Cornell and Morello were amazing.

If you get a chance to go to one of their shows don't pass it up. You will never get to see them in a small venue ever again.

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-24-03 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-25-03, 12:26 AM

Good to hear, I'm possibly gonna check em out this summer on Lollapalooza..
Old 02-25-03, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Too bad that show at 1st Ave. sold out in like 2 minutes. i would have loved to have seen that.
Old 02-26-03, 05:57 AM

I couldnt believe how quickly the show in Philly sold out, so I had to resort to e-bay. I'm sure it will be worth the extra money though especially since will be the smallest show they ever do.
Old 02-26-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ha, I am going up there today, but to Atmosphere not Audioslave.
Old 02-26-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What kind of set do they do? Any RATM/Soundgarden tracks? Just curious, since it's such a strange mix.
Old 02-26-03, 01:38 PM
Suspended

The concert in LA sold out pretty fast, bummer because I really would have liked to have seen them in a small venue.
Old 02-26-03, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My neighbor is supposed to be picking up tickets at the box office for the Mesa, AZ show (this way we can save some $$$ from all the ticketbastard fees). Should be a pretty good show.
Old 02-26-03, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by buskerdog
What kind of set do they do? Any RATM/Soundgarden tracks? Just curious, since it's such a strange mix.
def. won't see that. They are treating this as the fulltime band now, so there's no reason for them to be peddling their old stuff.
Old 02-26-03, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by buskerdog

They didn't play any RATM or Soundgarden. They played all but one song from their album and a cover of song I'd never heard before. Cornell got his guitar out for an acoustical intro to I am the Highway. The rest of the band joined him about halfway through it. It was very good, his voice was very strong throughout the entire show.
Old 02-26-03, 08:39 PM

I'm going to see them tomorrow. Did they have any opening bands for any of the other shows. I was just wondering if I have to be there right at showtime.

Thanks,
Mark Z
Old 02-26-03, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by Mark Z
I'm going to see them tomorrow. Did they have any opening bands for any of the other shows. I was just wondering if I have to be there right at showtime.

Thanks,
Mark Z
The opening band for the entire tour is Burning Brides. Kind of sound like a harder White Stripes. Most of their songs sounded the same, you won't miss too much.
Old 02-26-03, 10:39 PM
Cool New Member

I saw them in St. Louis a couple of nights ago. It was an amazing show. People were saying that Cornell's voice wasn't very good, but he hit every damn note during their set. The opening band was terrible though, you might want to skip them!!!
Old 02-27-03, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got tickets to Seattle at the Paramount. For those of you that aren't in the "street team", there have been plenty of messages on the forum over there about the poor handling of pre-sale tickets. Luckily (for me), somebody leaked the pre-pre-sale password so I could get tickets. By the time the pre-sale started, all the tickets were gone, and TIcketmaster sold out in less than a minute.

Can't wait to see them!
Old 02-27-03, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah. the nyc show was sold out before the presale started.. crap.

then of course, i overslept the day they went on sale thru TM...

guess i'll just have to wait till lollapalooza..
Old 02-28-03, 07:03 AM

to those who went to the show..

did they play "we got the whip"--it's a b-side to the "cochise" single overseas? it's quite a good song, it's too bad it didn't make the record..
Old 03-15-03, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just saw them tonight, er, I guess last night. Great show! The wifey just about wet herself watching Chris Cornell do his thing. Everything was very tight. Morello blew me away! Good times. Good times, indeed.