Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

rap beefs

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-02, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My favortie rap beefs?

LL cool j and Kool Moe Dee

Krs-one and MC Shan

When rap was real, and battles were strictly kept on wax!
Old 12-04-02, 08:26 AM
Banned

Originally posted by SpaceBoy

I mean you're quoting KRS-ONE, who the h@ll would know who that was with out 2pac. That guy s@cks.

If you're gonna laugh at 2pac coming from digital underground, it's no worse then where Dr Dre came from, and you gotta admit he's had a huge effect on hiphop. Everybody has a past.

Easily the most unintelligent post I've seen (besides the rantings of gerrythedon) in this thread.

Dr Dre was a member of N.W.A. Not only did he produce their records, he was also a featured member of the group. Tupac WAS a backup dancer for Digital Underground. I'm not saying that he didn't rise to the top, but to compare his early career with the early career of Dr Dre is wrong.

As far as "rap beefs", have you ever heard of anything more retarded? I haven't.
Old 12-04-02, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Bust
Easily the most unintelligent post I've seen (besides the rantings of gerrythedon) in this thread.

Dr Dre was a member of N.W.A. Not only did he produce their records, he was also a featured member of the group. Tupac WAS a backup dancer for Digital Underground. I'm not saying that he didn't rise to the top, but to compare his early career with the early career of Dr Dre is wrong.

As far as "rap beefs", have you ever heard of anything more retarded? I haven't.
Guess you never saw the insert in Easy E's album making fun of Dre It's on (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa, it has a picture of Dre and stuff back when he use to dance and sh@t. He looked like a little girl.

It's not unintelligent just because you don't know what I"m talking about. I wasn't referring to NWA, it's not like he started out of NWA, it was when he really first started! Sorry but you're the one that's wrong.

The group by the way was named: WORLD CLASS WRECKIN' CRU

Last edited by SpaceBoy; 12-04-02 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-04-02, 11:20 AM
Banned

Guess you never saw the insert in Easy E's album making fun of Dre It's on (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa, it has a picture of Dre and stuff back when he use to dance and sh@t. He looked like a little girl.

It's not unintelligent just because you don't know what I"m talking about. I wasn't referring to NWA, it's not like he started out of NWA, it was when he really first started! Sorry but you're the one that's wrong.

The group by the way was named: WORLD CLASS WRECKIN' CRU
Oh yeah, I saw the picture of Dre in 187um, that **** was pretty funny. Unfortunately for you, my reference to the lack of intelligence in your post referred mostly to your statement regarding KRS-ONE.
Old 12-04-02, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by gerrythedon
Who the FU_K do u think that's ridin on PAC's DICK...the whole EAST COAST MC's...everytime they get talked about, they go ahead and BITE ON PAC and sample him...DAMN I THOUGHT PAC HATED U, BYTCH ASS RAPPERS...trying to get some respect but nobody is respecting them but the so called friends and PEOPLE that are SUCKING them dry...
You do realize it's not 1995 anymore, don't you?
Old 12-04-02, 11:49 AM

Oh yeah, I saw the picture of Dre in 187um, that **** was pretty funny. Unfortunately for you, my reference to the lack of intelligence in your post referred mostly to your statement regarding KRS-ONE.
Well stated then, since your entire post referenced the Dre part.. You even went far enough to point out the differences in the two. You didn't say one thing about KRS-ONE. I guess you were just giving us some dre background for another reason then?!?

In the future maybe say what is so uneducated, or at least point it out in the post flaming me. Appreciate it.
Old 12-04-02, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mean you're quoting KRS-ONE, who the h@ll would know who that was with out 2pac. That guy s@cks.

Who's this Rakim herb that's on everyone's album nowadays?
Old 12-04-02, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by Aghama

Who's this Rakim herb that's on everyone's album nowadays?
Let me go on the record, as saying I did not mean who would have "literally" heard of KRS-ONE, my statement simply meant when did the media etc. ever really talk about him besides w the 2pac thing. I guess I confused some of you.

I've followed hiphop my whole life too, so of course I know who Rakim is, but what exactly did that post serve to the discussion, I do not know.

I'm done with this discussion, I guess I just don't know as much about hiphop as you guys. Although out of Bust, Aghama's , and my points, only mine have anything behind them.
Old 12-04-02, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 222 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally posted by Gdrlv
You do realize it's not 1995 anymore, don't you?

Yeh but this year people are sampling PAC more than ever...any way AGREED, ENUFF RANTING...COOL...
Old 12-04-02, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Let me go on the record, as saying I did not mean who would have "literally" heard of KRS-ONE, my statement simply meant when did the media etc. ever really talk about him besides w the 2pac thing. I guess I confused some of you.
We weren't confused, your comment was poorly stated. "That guy s@cks." does not read "He was not well publicized by the media" to most people. So your point is that 2Pac was a media darling. That's rarely something to be proud of.
Old 12-04-02, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Aghama
We weren't confused, your comment was poorly stated. "That guy s@cks." does not read "He was not well publicized by the media" to most people. So your point is that 2Pac was a media darling. That's rarely something to be proud of.
Justin Timberlake is also a media darling. So is that who we should be comparing Tupac to?
Old 12-04-02, 02:03 PM

I know you guys weren't really confused, hence the smart@ssness in it all. The "That guy s@cks" comment by me, doesn't really even demonstrate my point of him not being widely talked about or a "media darling" as you say, the "who the h@ll would know who that was with out 2pac" does.

Also, who said 2pac was a media darling, I just was stating he was more known, because he was much succesful, which I think is something to be proud of. If you do a search just on the message board alone, see who has had more said about them. If you seriously think KRS-ONE is a better rapper etc. then 2pac, then there is no point to argue. We have different tastes I guess.

Sorry for any arguing, I agree to disagree, at least we all like hiphop. Those rap wars are stupid, and so is fighting about them.

Last edited by SpaceBoy; 12-04-02 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-04-02, 03:29 PM
Mod Emeritus

Those rap wars are stupid, and so is fighting about them.
Amen.

Guys, henceforth let's save any and all "smack" talk for the Sports Forum where it belongs.

Benedict
Moderator, Music Talk
Old 12-04-02, 06:50 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Justin Timberlake is also a media darling. So is that who we should be comparing Tupac to?
No, Avril Lavigne is fine She's got as much Punk in her as much as Tupac had thug in him.
Old 12-04-02, 07:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by dek
No, Avril Lavigne is fine She's got as much Punk in her as much as Tupac had thug in him.
You mean, Thug Death?
Old 12-04-02, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 222 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally posted by benedict
Amen.

Guys, henceforth let's save any and all "smack" talk for the Sports Forum where it belongs.

Benedict
Moderator, Music Talk
its DONE... alright DEK...damn chill...ok
Old 12-04-02, 09:01 PM

Hip-hop battles, when done right, are sweet. KRS vs Shan, Casual vs. Saafir, even LL v. Cannibus (v. Wyclef, eventually) each produced some sweet records (and one of the greatest on-air battles ever on Power 106 between Casual and Saafir).

But most of the other ones are just weak. Nas v. Jay- Z hasn't produced any standout tracks, which to me is the important part.

RS
Old 12-05-02, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I stopped listening to rap around 10 years ago, but....

The best rap feud of all time has to be UTFO vs. Roxanne/Roxanne Shante/The Real Roxanne
Old 12-05-02, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by RMSpuhler

But most of the other ones are just weak. Nas v. Jay- Z hasn't produced any standout tracks, which to me is the important part.

RS
I wasn't around listening to Hip Hop in the 80's-90's didn't get to hear the old school battles. But I think the Nas and Jay-Z thing has produced some very good tracks. W/ Nas's Ether and Last N_ Alive and Jay-Z Take Over. Which I think are all great tracks.
Old 12-05-02, 09:47 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, at first I thought your post was a joke making fun of the clowns who think 2pac is the one and only, everyone bites off him, blah blah blah. Then you come in and say you mean it? "Who really talked about KRS-ONE w the 2pac thing?" again Ever heard of Boogie Down Productions? The medias talked about KRS plenty. Stop The Violence. He's on numerous Hip Hop panels. Tours the county giving lectures at Harvard, Yale, Vassar, Columbia, Stanford, and New York Universities. Temple of Hip Hop, Etc etc etc. As The Teacher says "YOU MUST LEARN"

I've followed hiphop my whole life too, so of course I know who Rakim is, but what exactly did that post serve to the discussion, I do not know.
When you say things like no one knew of KRS before 2pac, it'd be like saying "Who would have known about 2pac without this 50 Cent thing". Its called sarcasm.

Although out of Bust, Aghama's , and my points, only mine have anything behind them.
Old 12-05-02, 12:00 PM

I said I was done and am.

One thing though, must be hard to get the last word against somebody who quit.

Last edited by SpaceBoy; 12-05-02 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-05-02, 01:29 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend