Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What ever happened to Paige Hamilton (helmet's guitarist, vocalist, and founder)?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What ever happened to Paige Hamilton (helmet's guitarist, vocalist, and founder)?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-02, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So does anyone know what happened to him? The guy was one hell of a musician, and I know he's appeared on a few things (NIN), but what is going on otherwise?

He was supposed to have a solo disc finished, and that's the last I heard about it. And he was supposed to be in this "Tapeworm project" with a few other big names, and that's gone too...

I loved helmet, they were one of my faves, and I hated to see them go, and in the last 2 years, it seems any info on what happened has disappeared from the web...fan sites gone, the official site gone...

so...anyone know anything?
Old 12-02-02, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His current band goes by the name of Gandhi.

Sorry I don't have any other info for you on the matter.
Old 12-02-02, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
HELMET was a GREAT F'N BAND...I wondered the same ?, 'bout this talented musician/songwriter...
Old 12-02-02, 08:01 AM

Yeah, he's playing with Gandhi, as well as (shudder) having a guest spot on the new Limp Bizkit album...
Old 12-02-02, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally posted by woofman
Yeah, he's playing with Gandhi, as well as (shudder) having a guest spot on the new Limp Bizkit album...

URE FK'N KIDDING ME, RIGHT?....HELL NO!!!...TAKE IT BACK...
Old 12-03-02, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by gerrythedon
URE FK'N KIDDING ME, RIGHT?....HELL NO!!!...TAKE IT BACK...
I don't know how reliable it is, but I read this on another forum:

MINISTRY's AL JOURGENSEN To Contribute To New LIMP BIZKIT CD - Nov. 27, 2002

MINISTRY frontman Al Jourgensen is the latest guest musician to contribute to the forthcoming LIMP BIZKIT album, "Less Is More".

Jourgensen joins the likes of ex-HELMET man Page Hamilton, KORN's Head and WEEZER mastermind Rivers Cuomo on the upcoming effort, which is currently being recorded at a Los Angeles studio with producer Rick Rubin.

According to Al, he was celebrating his birthday on the night of Oct. 9 when he quite literally ran into BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst.

"I got out of a limousine which KORN had provided for me to come and see them play the New Jersey Meadowlands," Jourgensen told Kerrang! "It was stocked with bottles of Dom Perignon, which was nice, except I was with Alcoholics Anonymous members and had to drink them all myself. I was slightly off-center. The first person I saw when I got out of the car was Fred Durst. I did the only decent thing I could do, which was to tackle him. I knocked hi head off ,and he seemed to like that approach."

Jourgensen revealed that Durst asked him to contribute vocals, guitar and production to two songs on "Less Is More" after hearing a copy of MINISTRY's "Animositisomina" backstage at the KORN show.

"He's asked me to basically do what I do," Al said. "He's going to let me run with it. I'm happy to work like that. I don't know his music, but I know him, and, you know, he tackles real easy."