Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Phish: Live in Vegas

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-02, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got this in the mail today (one of the few perks of living in NH is that mail from VT gets here fast) and so far I'm loving it (I'm also kicking myself for missing out on tickets to the upcoming shows).

I'm not really any good at reviews but I can say that this disc is making me feel like I'm at a show again (if there were a drunken fratboy behind me singing/screaming along I'd be set).

The audio is crystal clear and the video is basically what you would see on the big screens at an outdoor show (or I guess what was shown on the live internet feed). I really can't wait for them to release more discs, there's so many shows out there that I would love to see on DVD.

So... yeah... it's good .

I know it doesn't say much but I figured I'd start the thread and let others fill in better reviews (plus, I wanted to show off that I got it early ).
Old 11-09-02, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I also got this yesterday. I'm in Vegas, so pretty impressed by Phish Dry Goods mailorder right now. I was at these shows, and this was also the weekend I found out I'd passed the Nevada bar exam. One of the most memorable weekends of my life, and it's so nice to have a memento of it.

Made me absolutely giddy to watch the boys last night. It felt like I was at the show again. I'd forgotten how ridiculous and fun the mayhem that occurred after the encore was. I'll be missing them a bit more on NYE and in Hampton after watching this.

Audio is great. Video is serviceable, but I'm not complaining because it catches some great moments...the look that Trey gives Page when Page starts up "Esther"...Fishman and Trey laughing their asses off after Trey butchers the final verse of the song...well, and a bunch more that slip my mind right now.

I agree...It's good...real good.