Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

NEW U2 Best Of CD & Limited Release Coming in Nov.! [duplicate]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

NEW U2 Best Of CD & Limited Release Coming in Nov.! [duplicate]

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-02, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
NEW U2 Best Of CD & Limited Release Coming in Nov.!

From U2.com:

BIGGEST U2 NEWS OF THE YEAR !

U2 WILL RELEASE THEIR SECOND BEST OF COLLECTION, SPANNING 1990-2000, THIS NOVEMBER.

AND THERE S A BRAND NEW SINGLE, ELECTRICAL STORM, HITTING THE AIRWAVES THIS WEEK.

PLUS A DVD BEFORE CHRISTMAS!

At U2.Com we can exclusively reveal that the Best of 1990-2000 is now complete and will be released on November 4th. A limited edition Best of the B-sides will also be released, along with a new single Electrical Storm and , in December, a Best Of 1990 - 2000 DVD.

The sixteen tracks on this second volume of U2's Best Of collection cover the years from 1990 to 2000, and feature work from Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1, Pop and All That You Can't Leave Behind. Two brand new tracks have been recorded for this set, Electrical Storm, which will be released as a single, and The Hands That Built America which will feature on the soundtrack to the Martin Scorsese movie The Gangs Of New York, to be released by Miramax in December.

In addition, four songs, Discothèque, Gone, Numb and Staring At The Sun have been substantially reworked by producer Mike Hedges.

The full track-listing for the Best of 1990-2000 album is

1. Even Better Than The Real Thing
2. Mysterious Ways
3. Beautiful Day
4. Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix) (new song)
5. One
6. Miss Sarajevo
7. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
8. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
9. Gone (new mix)
10. Until The End Of The World
11. The Hands That Built America (new song)
12. Discothèque (new mix)
13. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
14. Staring At The Sun (new mix)
15. Numb (new mix)
16. The First Time

The single, Electrical Storm, due for release on October 21st will be available on two CDs and a DVD format.

The Best Of 1990 - 2000 DVD will be released on December 2nd and will feature promo videos of tracks from the A-sides cd, complete with commentary by the directors, who include Wim Wenders, Kevin Godley, Stephane Sednaoui, Anton Corbijn and Jonas Akerlund. Six bonus tracks are included on the DVD - Please, If God Will Send His Angels, Wild Horses, Lemon, Last Night On Earth and MoFo.