Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Albums You Should Remove From Your CD Collections???

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

100 Albums You Should Remove From Your CD Collections???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-02, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 14 of the cds off that list...and YES, I have listened to Sonic Youth's "Daydream Nation" completely many a time! Some of those albums stay in my main rotation...Built to Spill "Live," Sonic Youth "Daydream Nation," Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon," and Mogwai "Come On Die Young" just to name a few! Pretentious shmucks.
Old 08-16-02, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think a more appropriate title for their list would be: 100 Albums You Don't Need to Buy Because You Could Probably Borrow Them from a Friend.
Old 08-16-02, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was fine with the list until I got to the end. Alicia Keys' album isn't that bad. The W is fine with me (but then again I'm a diehard Wu fan). I'm just glad they didn't mention the Spice Girls or heads would roll
Old 08-16-02, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I own quite a few of these albums and I am another who disagress with them but everyone has their own opinion. Hell, they gave a band that were best friends with my adoptive mother the title of the best band that you never heard of which I think is cool for I didn't think too many people knew anything about the Embarrasment. She says I look like John Nichols.
Old 08-16-02, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts
I've only got 22 of the albums listed. I'm tempted to print his list out and pick random albums off it for my next 20 or so purchases.
Old 08-16-02, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
I have to say, they are 100% right about the Grateful Dead:

Grateful Dead - ALL RECORDINGS
One of my favorite bumper stickers reads, "Jerry's dead, The Grateful Dead suck, get a life." When clean and sober individuals with a sense of pitch listen to any Dead recording, they will be immediately struck by the fact that everyone in the band plays out of tune. Unless you're still dropping acid weekly and pulling out your remastered copies of Workingman's Dead and American Beauty while you're tripping, it's time you heeded the words of my favorite bumper sticker.
Old 08-16-02, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
The list is nothing more than a desperate plea for attention. It's one thing to disagree with and criticize albums that millions of fans and critics love. It's quite another to completely dismiss them. Going through the list, you have to wonder what kind of person would even have this collection to begin with. Celine Dion and The White Stripes in the same collection? Not likely. They will turn out to like marginal and obscure albums just to be different and 10 years from now, the same stuff they like now will be stuff they think is worthless.

But I'd say mission accomplished, it's gotten thousands of people to look at their site.
Old 08-16-02, 01:10 PM

Black Thought of the Roots is a third-rate MC? Dumb crackers.

RS
Old 08-16-02, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think this person hates anything thats popular by looking at this list