Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Rivers Cuomo hates his own fans!!!!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Rivers Cuomo hates his own fans!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-02, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by Captain Harlock
For a guy who would otherwise be flipping burgers for a living, he should show a little more gratitude toward his fans. In my opinoin he's coming across like some self absorbed, ego maniac.

Yep, all those Harvard (dropout or not) students work at Mickey D's for a living.
Old 06-13-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by troystiffler

Yep, all those Harvard (dropout or not) students work at Mickey D's for a living.
You tell 'em, troystiffler!

I could care less what he says about annoying fans. As long as Weezer keeps making music I enjoy listening to, then I will buy the albums. But I still think his comments were taken way too seriously...
Old 06-15-02, 10:38 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Grimfarrow

When I read stuff like this, it makes me fully agree with Cuomo about his "fans".
I have no problems with Weezer post-Pinkerton, and I have no problems with Radiohead post-Ok Computer (well....post-live album I do...but I won't get into it). Quit whining if you don't like it - just move on.
I have no problem with Radiohead post-Ok computer. Kid A is my favorite album by them, and Radiohead is my favorite band. The reason I only listened to OK Computer is because during the time I'm talking about Kid A hadn't been written yet.

Weezer pisses me off because every time I see a glimmer of hope (instrumental death and destruction and burnt jamb, or a few of the b-sides such as I Do and Always) its buried between 30 minutes of filler that they call an album, hidden under ridiculous lyrics, or lost other than mp3 demos.

I know the original intent of my last post is lost. Oh well.
Old 06-15-02, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How come the new Matt Sharp album coming out isn't from the Rentals? If you look at the returning members from The Rentals from album one to two, you will see that it is only Matt Sharp. Is it something with Maverick? I haven't heard anything. Where are your sources?

I personally just think that after Mykle and Carly (sorry for bad spellings) died that maybe Rivers just doesn't care anymore.
Old 06-15-02, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ChrisKnudsen
I personally just think that after Mykle and Carly (sorry for bad spellings) died that maybe Rivers just doesn't care anymore.
I really don't know a lot about Rivers background other than Harvard, who are these two people you mentioned?
Old 06-15-02, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mykel and Carli were the presidents of the Weezer fan club. They are two sisters and were with Weezer from the days before the days of playing at birthday parties and such. They loved Weezer no matter what would happen to them but then they died in a car accident on July 9th 1997, 5 years exactly from Weezer's first show they showed up for. Rivers even made a song about them called "Mykel and Carli" and it was a b-side for "Undone" in which Mykel did background vocals for the second verse. They were the original fans.
Old 06-17-02, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
don' t take 'em seriously, just read who he thanks in the maladroit insert and look at the very end of the first page...

...who the hell really cares what they think anyway?

just listen to the damn music if you like it and if you don't, do whatever it is you do...