Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What do you think of the new live Maiden?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What do you think of the new live Maiden?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-02, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
Two songs from Iron Maiden's Rock In Rio - What do you think of the new live Maiden?

I'm pretty impressed with the new Iron Maiden live album, Rock In Rio. That has to be the BEST crowd ever recorded for a live album! The band is pretty good, too!

On Erik's Metal Shop #32 I've got 2 songs from Iron Maiden's brand new live album Rock In Rio if you'd like to check them out. That album is really good, and these tracks are great!

If you haven't heard the album, or are just skeptical, you should listen to these songs.

(On the show I've also got Fastway, Anthrax, King's X, Dee Snider's Widowmaker, and more.)

So, how many of you have gotten Maiden's Rock In Rio, and what do you think of it (after listening to it for a couple weeks)?

Last edited by B5Erik; 04-10-02 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-09-02, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I think the sound is average at best. Most of these songs have been on at least 1 other Maiden live album. I guess it's a must for hardcore fans, but will not win any new fans.
Old 04-09-02, 02:09 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A wise man recently said....

While DVD Talk tends to give some lee-way to members in good standing who link their own sites in their signatures, blatant mention/promotion in posts or threads that are exclusively about said sites are tantamount to spamming the forum and free advertising.

Consider this a reminder that this practice is not allowed by the rules each user agreed to when signing-up to these forums. Failure to follow these rules could result in your DVD Talk account being suspended or, if these rules repeatedly disregarded, revoked completely.
Erik, would you please edit your post above asap so that it conforms with the guidelines. I did email you about this issue a couple of weeks ago when I merged all those old posts.

The work you do on your show is great but I am sure that you and others reading this will see why the folk using Geoff's bandwidth for promoting both commercial and not-for-profit sites are now being pursued with extreme prejudice....

.... by the way, if you want to come to some arrangement/agreement with Geoff, that's fine. And feel free to email if anything seems unclear.

Benedict

Last edited by benedict; 04-09-02 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-10-02, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
Is that OK? (Better?)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - IRON MAIDEN!

Honestly, this album is their second best live album. It's a HUGE improvement over the Real Live One/Read Dead One albums. I listened to those the other day, and the sound is VERY thin compared to Rock In Rio.

Last edited by B5Erik; 04-10-02 at 11:06 AM.