Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

A special mid-week Open Letter from DTSC

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

A special mid-week Open Letter from DTSC

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-02, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DTSC
there's plenty of great music out there, you just have to go looking for it. You're not gonna find it on MTV or the radio.
I agree 100%. I actually feel sorry for people who don't know about the world of music that exists outside of mainstream media, or those who choose to ignore it.
Old 01-24-02, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mike1978

I agree 100%. I actually feel sorry for people who don't know about the world of music that exists outside of mainstream media, or those who choose to ignore it.
I agree with you too. I think the group in this forum always eager to help people find good music is refreshing. All over usenet you'll find groups of people who care nothing about spreading good music. It is as though they found the music and only they should be able to have it. I've seen many newsgroups dissolve from this mentality. Dvdtalk has a lot of very knowledgable AND generous music afficianados. Including you, Yancey, dj, and all of us in the todays cds threads, and hell, dtsc too.
Old 01-24-02, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by atlantamoi
[B]I'm sure DTSC would also not be crazy about the rash of little punk bands that all sound the same either. BUT, given the choice, I know that I would choose a sound that is fun and silly over these bands who take themselves so seriously. Jeez.
I was actually going to do a parody thread with punk bands but decided against it. Punk music is just as redundant as Creed or Nickleback. A large amount of punk bands out there and the new bands coming out all sound the same and are hard to distinguish from one another.

Last edited by Nosebleed; 01-24-02 at 02:58 AM.
Old 01-24-02, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alyoshka, good points. I know that I like to rag on bands I hate because they are all over the place. But, it is also a great thing to talk about the stuff we love and share finds. I think if people read only a few of my posts they might think I have a cynical outlook or a hate of music. Actually, I love it like crazy and like to let my friends know about what else is out there. I make compliation CD's all the time for friends of stuff I dig.