Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Yes Magnification

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-01, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Magnification

Best album they have done since Going for the One back in 1977. The keyboards have been replaced with a full symphony orchestra. There is a very nice blend between the band and the orchestra. Jon's voice has never been stronger with excellant harmonies, great bass work by Chris, and the usual perfection on guitar by Steve. Highly recomended to anyone who wants to hear some intelligent, well played music.
Old 12-11-01, 02:09 PM

Re: Yes Magnification

Originally posted by nightliner
Best album they have done since Going for the One back in 1977. The keyboards have been replaced with a full symphony orchestra. There is a very nice blend between the band and the orchestra. Jon's voice has never been stronger with excellant harmonies, great bass work by Chris, and the usual perfection on guitar by Steve. Highly recomended to anyone who wants to hear some intelligent, well played music.
I totally agree!
Old 12-11-01, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Awesome, can't wait to pick this up...it won't come until Tombstone: VS is released (gotta use those coupons )
Old 12-12-01, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

...guess i've got another disc to add to the "must buy" list
Old 12-12-01, 10:17 PM

Yes, its a must have, and I wouldn't wait to use a coupon. Its that good.

Depending where you buy it, you get a bonus disc. A Best Buy purchase gets a live version of Ritual, Borders gets a live version of Close to the Edge, and FYI gets you Gates. All three are from last years Masterworks tour.

I wish they had continued their plans to release a dvd audio the same day as the cd, but we will have to wait on that. It should come out sometime next year, along with a dvd of the Symphonic tour filmed in Amsterdam.
Old 12-12-01, 10:20 PM

Depending where you buy it, you get a bonus disc. A Best Buy purchase gets a live version of Ritual, Borders gets a live version of Close to the Edge, and FYI gets you Gates. All three are from last years Masterworks tour.

I wish they had continued their plans to release a dvd audio the same day as the cd, but we will have to wait on that. It should come out sometime next year, along with a dvd of the Symphonic tour filmed in Amsterdam.

oooh.... now I'm interested. This is a bonus disc with just the tracks you mentioned? Or is there more?

And since my order is with Amazon, do you think it's possible that I will end up with the BORDERS version with CTTE? That would be my choice anyway...or are these bonus discs only at B&M stores???

Last edited by Foole; 12-12-01 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-12-01, 10:40 PM

They also have a remix of Long Distance Runaround, the same version that was on the cd sold at the concerts. In case you weren't there, it is from The Ladder tour with an orchestra mixed in.

As far as whether or not you will get the bonus disc, I'm not sure. I have heard from people that have gotten it, and some that haven't. If you don't try taking the disc to a local Borders and see if they will exchange it.
Old 12-14-01, 03:59 AM

They also have a remix of Long Distance Runaround, the same version that was on the cd sold at the concerts. In case you weren't there, it is from The Ladder tour with an orchestra mixed in.

As far as whether or not you will get the bonus disc, I'm not sure. I have heard from people that have gotten it, and some that haven't. If you don't try taking the disc to a local Borders and see if they will exchange it.
I was able to find this disc at a Borders with the bonus disc and cancelled my preorder. Thanks again for the headsup.
Old 12-16-01, 04:29 AM

The dvd audio of Magnfication has now been scheduled for release on May 28th, as well as one of their classic Close to the Edge. Both are to be released by Rhino, and should have bonus material as well.

A dvd of the recent Symphonic tour maybe released as early as March 18th.

Last edited by nightliner; 12-22-01 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-16-01, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
*rimshot*

Ok, so it wasn't that funny....
Old 12-17-01, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks for the heads up, guys.
bought it at Best Buy to get the bonus disc....

this thing rocks!