Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

So um...does Creed have a bassist at all?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-01, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I really only like Creeds first album. I have heard the new song too damn much already. Anyway...

Brian Marshall got the boot in 2001 for mouthing off or something. Now I know they got a replacement bassist for performing, but there is no bassist to be seen in the new video and no listing of anyone on their site. This is out of sheer curiosity.

Who the hell is playing bass for them now?
Old 12-05-01, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well - the guy was on the Billboard Music Awards last night... don't know his name, but I've heard that he's not an "official" member of the band... perhaps in the future? Who knows.

Mark Trem... (the guitarist) played bass when recording the new album, FWIW.

Oh yeah - if you haven't heard the new one yet, definitely check it out. I know there are a lot of Creed haters out there, but if you've ever liked them, I think you'll definitely like the new one. You gotta love when the first song on it, "Bullets," (definitely their heaviest ever), kicks in to high gear at the 45 second mark... pure ecstacy.

I hear it was played on SNL - unfortunately I missed that, and I still haven't been able to find it online.
Old 12-05-01, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by JonTurner
Well - the guy was on the Billboard Music Awards last night... don't know his name, but I've heard that he's not an "official" member of the band... perhaps in the future? Who knows.

Mark Trem... (the guitarist) played bass when recording the new album, FWIW.

Oh yeah - if you haven't heard the new one yet, definitely check it out. I know there are a lot of Creed haters out there, but if you've ever liked them, I think you'll definitely like the new one. You gotta love when the first song on it, "Bullets," (definitely their heaviest ever), kicks in to high gear at the 45 second mark... pure ecstacy.

I hear it was played on SNL - unfortunately I missed that, and I still haven't been able to find it online.
Cool. I really dug My Own Prison. Human Clay just didn't do it for me.

I had a feeling Tremonti might have played the bass. It is just kinda wierd seeing them as a trio.
Old 12-05-01, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Creed- "Higher" and "Arms Wide Open" -

Creed - "My Sacrifice" - Better
Old 12-05-01, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the more pertinent question would be: "When can the Howard Johnson's Bar and Lounge on Highway 57 have their guitar player back from Creed?"

I hear that squiggle riff on "Higher" (right after the chorus) on the radio and think: "How embarrassing for him."
Old 12-05-01, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

their bass player right now is Brett Hestla from Virgos.......he doesn't fit with the band visually does he?? Although he does a pretty good job.
Old 12-06-01, 02:19 PM

The original guy got kicked out for mouthing off about how much
better they were than Pearl Jam. LOL
Old 12-06-01, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Wag The Frog
The original guy got kicked out for mouthing off about how much
better they were than Pearl Jam. LOL
You can't really argue that point there......but thats just me, I hate Pearl Jam.
Old 12-07-01, 03:37 PM
Banned

ya, i was wondering that same question when i looked in my cd cover and saw only 3 members on it! then i saw creed the other day on jay leno, and they had that virgo guy or whatever, and ya, visually he doesnt go w/ the band!! he kinda looks like that garth brooks thing chris gaines or whatever the name was, sept w/ more tattoes, and bass playing is better than country!!
but seriously, it is WAY more important that METALLICA get a bassist before CREED (as much as i like creed, no band could ever compete w/ metallica)!!
Old 12-07-01, 04:36 PM

Creed isnt even close to being as good as Pearl Jam.
Old 12-09-01, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Bullets is an awesome song indeed! As said above it is their heaviest to date.

The new album is a hit or miss for me. I dont listen to the radio too much so Im not sick of the new song yet.
Old 12-09-01, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by sebastianv50
Creed isnt even close to being as good as Pearl Jam.
i'll second that. creed comes off like a second rate pop band compared to pearl jam. at least their early stuff. creed is just a bunch of posing primadonas.