Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Pumpkins DVD is Smashing

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Pumpkins DVD is Smashing

Old 11-21-01, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pumpkins DVD is Smashing

I just got this and loved it. I used to follow their older stuff, but had never seen the videos in full and never seen the newer videos (yes I liked them WITHOUT MTVs help). It was interesting to see the band morph into there later selves through their videos. Anyway the video Try Try Try had Natalie Imbruglia and was surprising in that she acted in it but was never a member of the band?

What are your fave videos in it? Also how do you access the last track called "Untitled"?
Old 11-21-01, 04:15 PM

Where did you pick this up at? I went into Best Buy yesterday and they tried to tell me that it wasn't available until December 11th. I knew the guy had no idea what he was talking about, like they ever do, and so I would really like to get my hands on this. Where did you get this!?!?!? Thanks.
Old 11-21-01, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by pumpkinhead76
I knew the guy had no idea what he was talking about, like they ever do, and so I would really like to get my hands on this. Where did you get this!?!?!? Thanks.
Mine arrived from CD Now yesterday... If you check out this thread there's a couple of folks finding some success at Circuit City, Sam Goody and Tower but universally it seems BB failed to pre-book on this one.
Old 11-21-01, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm still waiting for mine!!!! Grrrr!!!!

np: SP (Judas O) - My Mistake
Old 11-21-01, 11:44 PM

I figured out how to access the 21st "Untitled" track, when you highlight "Extras", press the Left arrow key on your remote.

I found mine at Circuit City it was the last copy left. Best Buy really dropped the ball on this!

Why was this thread moved anyhow? It is a newly released DVD not a DVD audio disc. It belongs in the main forum!
Old 11-22-01, 10:16 AM
Cool New Member

can somone that has this post a tracllisting fo rit...also do it have and bonus material on it...like any of the b-sides???or any live concert footage..??
Old 11-22-01, 11:06 AM

siva
rhinoceros
cherub rock
today
disarm
rocket (2 versions)
bullet with...
zero
tonight, tonight
thirty three
ava adore
perfect
the everlasting gaze
stand inside your love
try
i am one
then 2 live performances:
geek usa
an ode to no one (f-you)
then a 15 minute film i have not seen yet
and then a track called untitled which is prob unreleased as I can't recognize the tune.
all with optional commentary and behind the scenes angles.
Old 11-22-01, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hate that weasel Corgan....
But I bought the DVD and think it is truly great.....
Nice work,Billy.
Highly, highly reccomended.
Old 11-22-01, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah Untitled, is the last song the group put together like the day before their second to last show at the United Center. It was just released to the radio stations, but can there is a single of it, as well as it being on Judas 'O.

Overall thought the dvd rocked, however I wish the documentary was on it. Heard they are to release their last show Live (metro, Chicago) on Dvd with a documentary sometime in Dec-Jan.
Old 11-22-01, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

mine hasn't even shipped yet.. bastards.

i'm a little disappointed to hear that the Untitled video is merely a recording of them playing it in a studio, not the kick-ass video that was released to tv not long ago.. it featured tons of live scenes.. like a collage of their career.. really awesome video, i can't believe they didn't include it.
Old 11-23-01, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this in 5.1 or 2.0?
Old 11-23-01, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally posted by Sernov
Why was this thread moved anyhow? It is a newly released DVD not a DVD audio disc. It belongs in the main forum!
This forum is for DVD-Audio and Music Talk - "Discuss digital music in all its forms." Anything regarding music artists and the music industry fits better in here.
Old 12-12-01, 08:42 PM

Is it in 5.1 or 2.0?? I just bought it but it doesnt say on the package. If it isnt 5.1, mines going back
Old 12-13-01, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

it's 2.0 but well worth keeping. Just cause the music is in it's ORIGINAL form is no reason to return the disc... a 5.1 mix would have been great, but 2.0 is the Original sound Ratio so, treat it like a widescreen disc Great features, good video quality...great disc from a great band.

MATT

any SP fan NEEDS this dvd
Old 12-13-01, 06:26 PM

One of the best dvds in my collection.I think this disc sounds better than my Pumkin cds.
Old 12-15-01, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I posted this in DVD Talk Forum, but this DVD is recorded entirely in multi-angle format. The damn icon is on thoughout the ENTIRE DVD.

Any way to turn this off??