Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Did anyone get the Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-01, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite thing about the package is that the second "b-sides and rarities" disc is on a "CD-R" ! I personally think that they would need a couple more CD's for their greatest hits, but it's nice all the same.
Old 11-19-01, 11:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how is b-sides and rarities disc? I could hardly care about the greatest hits , but i'm interested in the 2nd disc
Old 11-20-01, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: Did anyone get the Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits?

Originally posted by cartman
I personally think that they would need a couple more CD's for their greatest hits
I think there's too much there already. "Greatest hits" should just be the radio singles -- that's all I want anyway. I think what you're looking for is a "best of." Yes, there's a difference.

All I need is
Cherub Rock
Today
Disarm
Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Zero
Tonight, Tonight

Last edited by GuessWho; 11-20-01 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-21-01, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm pissed that they left "Thirty Three" off of Disc 1 because it was one of the five singles off of Mellon Collie and better than most of the stuff.

Disc 2 is six tracks from the Aeroplane box set plus at least 3 of the 10 unreleased tracks were already on Machina II: Friends and Enemies......and I know several more were too......but it's cool.

they had to include "Believe" by James Iha....I always hated that song or anything he sings with his horrible voice.

also REAL LOVE and UNTITLED are the new tracks on the Greatest Hits side and they are both good tracks.

I hate the cover of the album with them sittin in front of that END sign. artwork would have been appropriate.

the back cover of the booklet is three strips pictures (outtakes) of the SIamese girls from that album.

kinda neat.

anybuddy got the DVD with the videos??