Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Pink Floyd - P.U.L.S.E.??

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 11-08-01, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has any annoucement, either formal or informal, ever been made about this? Everytime I come across the VHS version I take a good, long look at it, and once found myself actually buying it...but the CC machine was broken! Anyway, I took that as a sign from a higher power, and wanted to wait out a DVD release. Please, help me Jeebus!
Old 11-08-01, 04:57 PM

This is one of those releases that has been put on the backburner, and it has been there for quite some time. It was originally suppose to be released like 2-3 years ago! The Digital Bits had this to say back on 2/22/01:

"We're still waiting for more details on Pink Floyd's Pulse, which is in production but has yet to be announced."

I have seen nothing since.
Old 11-09-01, 06:26 AM
JFM

Problem is the band appear to be on a long hiatus at the moment, they are all of doing other things. Indeed, they have stated that there are no plans for any tours or albums in the forseeable future.

I had hoped the the recently released best of CD and the upcoming Roger Waters gigs in UK may have rekindled interest in the band. Perhaps it still will.

On a related note, Yes have acquired the rights to their 80's 90125 live video, and are planning a DVD release with extra's.

Wish Floyd would show the same sort of commitment to their fans.
Old 11-09-01, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by JFM
Problem is the band appear to be on a long hiatus at the moment, they are all of doing other things. Indeed, they have stated that there are no plans for any tours or albums in the forseeable future.
Unless you count Echos the re-mastered compilation that came out 11/6 that they collaborated on.
Old 11-11-01, 09:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I am actually fortunate enough to own this on vinyl. Man, is it awesome!
Old 11-12-01, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I saw Floyd in 94 about 8 months before PULSE was recorded. It was one of the most INCREDIBLE shows I have ever seen. I still have a program from the concert.

The PULSE itself was pretty damn close to what I saw. At the time they werent doing DSOM in its entirety like on the CD/VHS. Minor song list changes and there was an intermission. The song opener was Astronomy Domine and the closer of the first half was One of These Days. Second half opener was Shine On... and the Encore was Wish you..., Comfortably Numb (it was jawdropping, I almost cried) and Run Like Hell.

I SOO cant wait for this DVD!!