Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Deftones head back into the studio for pre-production.....

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-01, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

on their new CD! Saaaaweeeet!

"DEFTONES BEGIN PRE-PRODUCTION FOR NEW ALBUM NOV 1 2001 - No release date set yet.

The guys have there own studio, and are starting pre-production next month!"
Old 10-21-01, 10:31 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heck yeah!! I think they keep getting tighter as a band with every new release
Old 10-21-01, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by MJKTool
Heck yeah!! I think they keep getting tighter as a band with every new release
agreed, but i do hope they go back to their roots and get off MTV. I'd love to have my old Deftones back.
Old 10-22-01, 12:09 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Deftones17

agreed, but i do hope they go back to their roots and get off MTV. I'd love to have my old Deftones back.
I very much doubt Deftones will ever turn into a TRL type of band, like Limp Bizkit & Korn did (altho I still dig Korn)

I really love the White Pony album, moreso than Around the Fur & Adrenaline (even tho those two CD's are awesome in their ownright.) I do believe that if they are gonna do a fast cd then stick with that type of tone thruout the whole cd. I dont know about you but "Elite" just sticks out like a sore thumb on White Pony, like it doesnt belong there. It will be interesting to see what kind of cd they do put out tho.
Old 10-22-01, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by MJKTool

I very much doubt Deftones will ever turn into a TRL type of band, like Limp Bizkit & Korn did (altho I still dig Korn)
well Maverick has really pushed them to be more mainstream. take the tour with Godsmack this year, for instance. I know in my heart that the Deftones would have denied that tour in a heartbeat in the past, but Maverick probably pushed them into that.

I am hoping that they go back to the raw and metal feel of Adrenaline. Then all those bandwagon fans can jump off and break their ankles. Plus, I'll be able to have my small shows in smaller, more personal venues. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?
Old 10-23-01, 12:14 AM
Suspended

I am hoping that they go back to the raw and metal feel of Adrenaline. Then all those bandwagon fans can jump off and break their ankles. Plus, I'll be able to have my small shows in smaller, more personal venues. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?
Deftones concert = the only concert that I got hurt at, they got some crazy muthafukas at those shows

Maverick/Madonna = Asswipes trying to turn Deftones to the dark side (mainstream)

Old 10-23-01, 12:16 AM
Suspended

well Maverick has really pushed them to be more mainstream. take the tour with Godsmack this year, for instance. I know in my heart that the Deftones would have denied that tour in a heartbeat in the past, but Maverick probably pushed them into that.
Im sad that the rumored Tool/Deftones tour never got off the ground That would have been one concert (especially in a club)ahhhhhh!!!