Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Ben Folds Five DVD

Old 10-11-01, 10:47 AM
Suspended

Ben Folds Five DVD

Hey I was just seeing if anyone out there got the Ben Folds Five DVD? Let me know what you thought of it. Also I wanted to know what all is on it, like if they include the Spare Reels that came with the Reinhold Messner special ed cd as well as if it included any of their music videos

Thanks
Old 10-11-01, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is every band that breaks up going to put out a DVD at some point?

If so, that would be cool.
Old 10-11-01, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So I thought about the army...

As soon as I saw the DVD at Border's I picked it up... It is just concert and studio footage... The few songs I got to see Ben wasn't exactly energetic. Still, it sounded good and it was nice to hear early versions of Army and Don't Change Your Plans.

The deciding factor? The DVD was $14.99.
Old 10-27-01, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know about the new Ben Fold Five cd but I recently bought Ben Fold solo disc Rocking the Suburbs & I think it is fantastic. One of the best albums I have bought in a long time!
Old 10-27-01, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got it and just watched the whole thing earlier this week. It's the entire concert of their Sessions at West 54th show. The actual PBS airing would've showed only 3 or 4 songs. They recorded it after the second album came out so it focuses on that one mostly (Brick, Smoke, etc.). It's a pretty good concert that builds to a nice climax which includes a cover of the Flaming Lip's "She Don't Use Jelly" and ends with a great version of "Song for the Dumped".

Then as a bonus they do include Spare Reels which is a little less professionally done but has some great concert footage, two studio sessions of songs from TUBORM and a few 'skits', if you will, of the Band acting funny. One song from this is taken exactly from the 'Sessions' show so it can be a bit annoying watching them back to back, but that's a minor complaint.

I recommend it if you're a fan, plus the price seems to be pretty cheap to.

Also, I agree with brianluvdvd, Rocking the Suburbs is a great album. I love the title track especally.