Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Need Help: JamP3 MP3 player ???

Old 10-08-01, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Need Help: JamP3 MP3 player ???

Walmart has a fair deal running on this item right now. Its the KB Gear JamP3. Both me and a freind are in the market for a low level MP3 player. I already have a NOmad Jukebox, so i have a high end, but i'd like something to toss around, and use while i'm jogging or working out.

Does anyone know of any Good reviews, or any personal experiences with this player?
The price is great, and i'm aware of the capacity issues, but i'm mainly concerned about volume level, and sound quality.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-01, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got this player for free via rebates and such.

If you want a low end player then you've come to the right place. It has 16MB of onboard memory and is expandable via MMC's , which are pretty expensive and not used in much else. The player itself is bare bones, there's no support for tags, and you can't skip forward of backward within a song. The quality is not too bad if you encode at a high level, which allows about 3 or 4 songs to be loaded to the onboard memory. The sound does come out loud, though I would get your own headphones. This thing goes through batteries quicker the Rosie O Donnell goes through a bag of Doritos. I would definetly recommend rechargables.

If you have a MMC card already and some rechargable batteries this might not be a bad deal for a low low end player. Otherwise I would advise against it, unless you like hearing the same 3 songs over and over again.

If you have any other specific questions let me know.

Here's a link to the rebate in case you need it. Rebate

Last edited by Dr_Evil; 10-09-01 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-09-01, 03:50 PM

Bump, anyoen else?
Old 10-09-01, 08:56 PM

eeesh. Bought it, it sucked. the White noise stayed at the same level no matter what volume it was on. And the weird noises it made in between songs was freaking me out, i think i heard satan.

But anyway, it sucks, and its broke already, The USB cord came out while the memory was reformatting and now its locked up. I'm taking it back to walmart and getting my money back. At least now i know i dont' want it
Old 10-12-01, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

dont get it at walmart because i saw the same thing for ten dollars less (29.99) at best buy. look in the electronic toys section