Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Beautiful Garbage

Old 09-30-01, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Beautiful Garbage

I think it comes out on tuesday. I can't wait till it ships from amazon, I preordered it.
Anyway, I've listened to it a couple times through now (not saying how) and while it is slightly different from the other 2 albums, I highly recommend it.
Androgyny, track 2, took the longest to like, but after a few times I got into it
Old 09-30-01, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not see it listed in any ad yet. maybe it will be next week. I want this one.
Old 10-01-01, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not to thread crap on Garbage (since i actually do like them quite a bit), i just thought i'd mention that i was much happier about the release of the new Curve album, "Gift," this past month. Garbage's first album was very much like what Curve was doing in the early 90s, especially "Doppelganger." if you're into Garbage's sound, i would definitely check them out...

DJ
Old 10-01-01, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm looking forward to it too.
Old 10-01-01, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Damn! I don't get paid until the 10th! Perhaps I can trade in some old CDs at the Warehouse - are they still doing that? I've been looking forward to this disc for a while, but since Wells Fargo screwed me over, I'm fresh outta cash!! Guess I'll just have to wait.
Old 10-01-01, 11:16 PM
bv3

It is coming tomorrow! Androdgyny is the first single and I have seen the video several times. I think it's pretty cool and I am looking forward to the CD.
Old 10-01-01, 11:20 PM

I tried to buy this CD tonight from the local record store but the bastards refused to sell it to me! If they're going to adhere to the release date then they shouldn't put it on display!
Old 10-02-01, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
woohoo shipped from amazon today (I earn a better payback if I use the amazon visa at amazon)
Old 10-02-01, 06:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
The two part UK CD Single contains the non-album track "Begging Bone" (also found on the Japanese edition of the album) as well as three remixes of Androgyny.
Old 10-03-01, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I snagged a few tracks from the CD and while it wasn't total crap it certainly wasn't up to the level I had hoped.

I was going to run out and pick it up right away but I think I'll wait a bit. Still would like to own it but not in as big a hurry now.
Old 10-04-01, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Beautiful Garbage is an enhanced CD
not sure what it installs though
Old 10-05-01, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i got the cd yesterday.

definitely not their best stuff but i have been listening to it a lot and it is growing on me. i don't really remember the song names but #7 and #10 were pretty good IMO
Old 10-06-01, 04:11 AM

I really like this CD. Different from their previous stuff, but still somehow them.

Standout tracks (for me) : Shut Your Mouth, Androgyny, Cherry Lips

BTW, on Cherry Lips, do you think she did that to her voice herself, or do you think it's been pitch-shifted?

J
Old 10-06-01, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

not sure either way, but it is a cool song

Originally posted by jjamesc

BTW, on Cherry Lips, do you think she did that to her voice herself, or do you think it's been pitch-shifted?

J