Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Ideas about what this forum could include?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-01, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On this, the first night of this new forum. I'd like to post some ideas about what we could include in this place.

Some that I have, feel free to post your own, or even take up an idea and run with it.

1 - a comprehensive weekly release list including all genres of music

2 - a catalog of DVD-audio releases, seeing as not many exist at this point (compared to CD's anyway)

3 - CD reviews, suggestions to fellow talkers (like this, might like this kinda thing)

4 - up and coming artists

5 - concert reviews, etc..

I think that this could work well, clearly some of mine are very obvious and will no doubt work cuz so many of them already appear in the "farm" I feel this dedicated forum will allow better response cuz chances are if you're in here than you're already interested, inlike the "farm" where often posts fall to the backburner very quickly!
Old 09-30-01, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I guess you were looking forward to this forum

I hope this is a great place to discuss music in a nonjudgemental way. where people help one another by suggesting music to other members based on what they like now.

I think this could be an opportunity for all of us to grow our musical interests a bit.

I hope if someone sees me saying i like something they will give me tips on new artists i might want to listen to.
Old 10-01-01, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Ideas about what this forum could include?

Originally posted by db27
On this, the first night of this new forum. I'd like to post some ideas about what we could include in this place.

Some that I have, feel free to post your own, or even take up an idea and run with it.

1 - a comprehensive weekly release list including all genres of music

2 - a catalog of DVD-audio releases, seeing as not many exist at this point (compared to CD's anyway)

3 - CD reviews, suggestions to fellow talkers (like this, might like this kinda thing)

4 - up and coming artists

5 - concert reviews, etc..

I think that this could work well, clearly some of mine are very obvious and will no doubt work cuz so many of them already appear in the "farm" I feel this dedicated forum will allow better response cuz chances are if you're in here than you're already interested, inlike the "farm" where often posts fall to the backburner very quickly!
You have some good Ideas. Are you willing to put the time in to do all that or would you like it to be done by all?
Old 10-01-01, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm always down to help out on this fourm. Just let me know what I can do.
Old 10-01-01, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I would definitely like to see a review thread of some sort and I would definitely contribute.
Old 10-01-01, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gregx55, got your email by the way. Much appreciated. While I would be willing to put in the time for all that, I won't acutally have the time to give. Not enough hours in the day for all my hobbies, job, girlfriend, ya know?

Hopefully I'll be able to provide a new release list though, I'd like to anyway. I work for a well established and overpriced music/movies company so I think I'll be able to provide a lot of insight, news, and early reviews. We get a ton of promos early so that will be cool, (got Garbage 3 weeks ago as an example).

So, perhaps people will fall into "roles" similar to what we see in the other forums. Who knows, I was more curious to see what people would like to see this forum become!
Old 10-01-01, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by gcribbs
I guess you were looking forward to this forum

true dat
Old 10-01-01, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

good ideas, db27
I love hearing new music- especially stuff that isn't all over the radio and MTV- I'm always up for suggestions on what to try and I will provide suggests whenever it seems appropriate
I think that's pretty much all I can do- I don't have any inside knowledge or a predictable amount of free time
but I'll do my best to be helpful-- I'm pretty excited about this forum
Old 04-30-02, 02:49 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wondering....

.... is anyone not seeing anything here that they'd particularly like to?
Old 04-30-02, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by benedict
.... is anyone not seeing anything here that they'd particularly like to?
I was just thinking today that a weekly deals thread for new CD's might be in order...but if there was a need for it, you'd think someone would have started one.