Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) -- The Spoiler Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: What did you think of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny?
1.79%
5.36%
26.79%
32.14%
12.50%
7.14%
10.71%
1.79%
0%
0%
0%
No interest at all
1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) -- The Spoiler Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-23, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 271 Posts
Re: Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) -- The Spoiler Reviews Thread

This took me several "tries" to get though.

I didn't like it at all and found it boring.

I hated the last one also.

I gave it 2 starts but feel that is almost too generous.
Old 12-23-23, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts
Re: Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) -- The Spoiler Reviews Thread

It was fine? Wife said it she was bored.

I wish the entire thing was de-aged and we just got a new prime Indy story. They could have placed it before the last crusade too.

The hunt felt more Crusade so that was nice, but felt very by numbers. The time travel was odd, but Indy has always meant to be basted on old pulp fiction so it fits. However, seems like there would be more to-do in the present after.
Old 01-07-24, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 570 Likes on 401 Posts

I just finished watching the movie on Disney Plus and I won't say I hated it but thought the bad outweighed the good here. The John Williams score was fantastic but I didn't really like seeing Geriatric Indy being kind of a "Sad Sac" here. The Sunset Ending of the Last Crusade is the Perfect Ending to Indiana Jones. There is a great documentary called " Timeless Hereos" on Disney Plus and it's a love letter not only to Indiana Jones but Harrison Ford's entire career. It's a fantastic watch for anyone who's interested.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 01-07-24 at 01:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Goldberg74 (01-07-24)