Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Big George Foreman (2023, D: Tillman) -- S: Khris Davis -- Biopic on boxer George Foreman

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Big George Foreman (2023, D: Tillman) -- S: Khris Davis -- Biopic on boxer George Foreman

Old 02-04-23, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,598 Posts

Big George Foreman: The Miraculous Story of the Once and Future Heavyweight Champion of the World is based on the remarkable true story of one of the greatest comebacks of all time and the transformational power of second chances. Fueled by an impoverished childhood, Foreman channeled his anger into becoming an Olympic Gold medalist and World Heavyweight Champion, followed by a near-death experience that took him from the boxing ring to the pulpit. But when he sees his community struggling spiritually and financially, Foreman returns to the ring and makes history by reclaiming his title, becoming the oldest and most improbable World Heavyweight Boxing Champion ever.

Directed by acclaimed filmmaker George Tillman Jr. from a story by Dan Gordon and Frank Baldwin & George Tillman Jr, and a screenplay by Baldwin & Tillman, the film stars Khris Davis (Judas and the Black Messiah) as Foreman and also stars Academy Awardģ winner Forest Whitaker as Foreman’s trainer and mentor Doc Broadus.

Directed by: George Tillman Jr.

Screenplay by: Frank Baldwin & George Tillman Jr.

Screen Story by: Dan Gordon and Frank Baldwin & George Tillman Jr.

Produced by: David Zelon Executive Producers: George Foreman Peter Guber Wendy Williams Henry Holmes

Cast: Khris Davis Jasmine Mathews Sullivan Jones Lawrence Gilliard Jr. John Magaro with Sonja Sohn and Forest Whitaker

This comes out April 28th

Old 02-05-23, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Big George Foreman (2023, D: Tillman) -- S: Khris Davis -- Biopic on boxer George Foreman

I hope it ends with him becoming spokesman for the best as-seen-on-tv kitchen appliance ever.
Old 02-05-23, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,186 Likes on 2,054 Posts
Re: Big George Foreman (2023, D: Tillman) -- S: Khris Davis -- Biopic on boxer George Foreman

They should have just titled it, George to match the originality of all his kidsí names.
Old 02-06-23, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
I hope it ends with him becoming spokesman for the best as-seen-on-tv kitchen appliance ever.
That is how the trailer ends...

I'm a sucker for boxer movies so count me in.
Old 02-06-23, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 712 Likes on 583 Posts

Was Hands of Stone the last boxing movie not named Creed that came out in the last couple of years?

I liked that though nobody else did.

I will check it out

Tillman directed Men of Honor one of my favorite movies.
Old 02-07-23, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Was Hands of Stone the last boxing movie not named Creed that came out in the last couple of years?

I liked that though nobody else did.

I will check it out

Tillman directed Men of Honor one of my favorite movies.
There were a few boxing movies in the last couple of years. I liked Southpaw, Bleed for this and Hands of Stone. This George Forman movie looks horrible.
Old 02-07-23, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Iíve been a big fan of George since the 80s. Was looking forward to this.

But it looks like shit. Will still peep. Lol
Old 04-27-23, 09:25 AM

Received 4,549 Likes on 3,086 Posts

Out this week. Reviews starting to come out: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/big...n_of_the_world
Old 04-29-23, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Saw this today. Very solid film. I actually liked it more than Creed III. Recommend.
Old 05-01-23, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Would have seen this 15 years ago. Took a little too long and big George isnít even a thing anymore in American life.

Really blown away they put this in theaters. I didnít care for Creed 3 much at all either.
Old 08-19-23, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It is coming to Netflix on Aug 26, 2023
Old 09-04-23, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was not bad though the Khris Davis who played George was not really a good actor.

It helped having Forrest Whittaker to give it some credibility.

It was more fun before he became born again.

That was a fun era of heavyweight boxing with Foreman, Ali, Frazer, and Ken Norton and the Golden era and a lot better than what it is now with no big stars or names to follow.

Maybe somebody should do a Joe Frazier movie someday.
Old 09-04-23, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

I missed this theaters. Will definitely check it on on Netflix soon.
Old 09-05-23, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Saw it on Netflix and not bad. Seemed a bit rushed even though the boxing career was a large part of the movie. Felt something like "When We Were Kings" gave more of a insight into who George Forman was at that time in life.