Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fear Street: The Prom Queen

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-22, 09:54 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Netflix took a huge swing with their Fear Street trilogy, a trio of YA slasher films released just weeks apart and all directed by Leigh Janiak (Honeymoon).

In the vein of “Stranger Things”, the Fear Street trilogy wasn’t quite the smash-hit Netflix had hoped for, with the streamer, notorious for announcing unsubstantiated record-breaking streaming stats, staying silent on numbers.

No matter, R.L. Stine, writer of the original book series the films were loosely adapted from, told Y! that there’s been “rumors” of more Fear Street films.

“I…hear rumors about more Fear Street movies for Netflix, because the first ones did so well last summer,” says Stine. “Those films kind of shocked me, because they were all R-rated, and I’ve never done anything R-rated! All those teenagers were getting slashed. I was like, ‘Suddenly, I have a slasher movie!’”

Bloody Disgusting can confirm these rumors are in fact true and that Netflix is very deep into development on more Fear Street! More as it’s announced.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...n-development/
Old 07-18-22, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
re: Fear Street: The Prom Queen

Old 12-16-22, 02:10 PM

There were a lot of strong genre movies that came out in 2022, and one of the very best was Chloe Okuno‘s psychological thriller Watcher. It sounds as though Netflix took a close look at that film and liked what it saw, as Above the Line has exclusively learned that Okuno has closed a deal to direct the next entry in the streamer’s Fear Street franchise.

Netflix released an entire Fear Street trilogy last July — Part One: 1994, Part Two: 1978, and Part Three: 1666 — based on the popular book series from Goosebumps author R.L. Stine. Leigh Janiak directed and co-wrote all three movies, which were a hit for Netflix, making the streamer’s decision to release them over a two-week period in the summer (when there typically isn’t a ton of genre content) look rather smart.

Chernin Entertainment is producing Okuno’s new Fear Street movie, as the original trilogy was produced by Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping, and David Ready. It’s unclear whether they’ll be joined by Janiak, whose return to the fright franchise remains up in the air.

The original trilogy starred Kiana Madeira, Sadie Sink, Fred Hechinger, and Maya Hawke, though there’s no cast attached to the new Fear Street movie, as plot details are being kept hidden in a secret bedroom for now.

Okuno broke out with her short film, Slut, and directed a segment of V/H/S/94 before making her feature debut with Watcher, which stars Maika Monroe as an American woman who comes to believe that a neighbor is stalking her. Written by Zack Ford, the film has an 87 percent fresh rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes.

Okuno, who also recently directed the season finale of Showtime’s Let the Right One In, is represented by UTA.
https://abovetheline.com/2022/12/15/...tor-exclusive/
Old 12-16-22, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

If they're as good as the first, I'll give 'em a shot. But the 2nd and 3rd movie sucked.
Old 01-14-24, 12:13 PM

Old 03-26-24, 11:40 AM

Re: Fear Street: The Prom Queen

Old 03-26-24, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Fear Street: The Prom Queen

Chris Klein better say "Nash out" during the movie. If not, what is even the point of casting him?