Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Batman II (2026, D: Reeves) S: Pattinson

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-22, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

Pattinson returning to the role:

​​​​
The following 3 users liked this post by Deftones:
Giantrobo (04-26-22), TheMovieman (04-26-22), Why So Blu? (04-26-22)
Old 04-26-22, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,197 Likes on 921 Posts
Re: The Batman 2 (Pattinson)

‘The Batman 2’ Announced at CinemaCon; Robert Pattinson to Return as Dark Knight, Matt Reeves Directing

Matt Reeves is coming back as director for The Batman 2, the sequel to his critically-acclaimed take on the Dark Knight starring Robert Pattinson. Warner Bros. broke the news out today at their panel at CinemaCon, reassuring fans that Reeves’ vision for Gotham City will continue to expand in the upcoming years.

https://collider.com/the-batman-2-ro...n-matt-reeves/
Old 04-26-22, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 965 Likes on 672 Posts
re: The Batman II (2026, D: Reeves) S: Pattinson

I wish they would keep it exactly like it is a grounded gritty psychological crime thriller but it being Batman and a sequel I wouldn't be surprised is the studio execs want something a lot more flashier. Especially since
Spoiler:
they already introduced the Joker.
. I definitely want to see a continuation of the ending
Spoiler:
with Batman realizing how important Bruce Wayne is and really changing to serve as a beacon of hope. I loved that ending scene where he realized that he can be more then vengeance. Kind of like the opposite of TDK.
The following 2 users liked this post by tanman:
IBJoel (04-27-22), Why So Blu? (04-26-22)
Old 04-26-22, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,160 Likes on 906 Posts

I mean I’m glad, but wasn’t it already confirmed that Reeves and Pattinson were both signed for a trilogy? Doesn’t seem like this is really news.
Old 04-27-22, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts

That's what I thought as well.
Old 04-27-22, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,681 Likes on 2,648 Posts

Talent has separate contracts. The studio still has to green light the movie.
The following 2 users liked this post by DJariya:
IBJoel (04-27-22), TheMovieman (04-27-22)
Old 04-27-22, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

I hope they keep it grounded and also really hope the Joker isn’t a villain. There’s still a lot of Batman villains we haven’t yet seen who could be good … Clayface, Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange, Killer Croc, or a decent take on Two-Face…
Old 04-27-22, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts

Keeping with the theme of detective work, I nominate The Eraser.
Real name Lenny Fiasco.
He eliminates all traces of your crime for just 20% commission... before taxes.
Plus he has a personal grudge against fellow classmate Bruce Wayne for stealing his girl.

And my favorite, he has the extra creepy detail of figuring out Bruce Wayne is Batman because he sat next to him class and recognizes him by the smell of his shaving cream.

The following users liked this post:
will travel (04-28-22)
Old 04-27-22, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by philo
Real name Lenny Fiasco.
Plus he has a personal grudge against fellow classmate Bruce Wayne for stealing his girl.

And my favorite, he has the extra creepy detail of figuring out Bruce Wayne is Batman because he sat next to him class and recognizes him by the smell of his shaving cream.

Ha! They totally should have popped this lunacy in the suicide squad but now that erasure driving a car in a brief shot of Logo Batman makes a lot more sense.

Add Crazy Quilt, Humphry Dumpler and The Monarch of Menace and you've got a party.
Old 04-27-22, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Keeping with the first movie Hush makes sense. I know also the Court of Owls have been talked about as has a take on Mr. Freeze. If we have to get Joker I hope it’s not until the third film (or later if there are more than three).

I also hope in terms of The Joker that his look is changed from what can be seen in the deleted scene. Just a more basic take would be appreciated instead of having to have him have some weird disfigurement or other look.

Last edited by Mike86; 04-27-22 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-27-22, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Received 1,072 Likes on 624 Posts

I'd go in for Black Mask or Deadshot. And of course I would LOVE an adaptation of the Heat storyline. It involved Batman and Catwoman teaming up to take out a killer of women (a reimagined Catman/Edward Blake), while a heatwave and racial strife agitate the city.

I never dug the Court of Owls, personally. And I feel like they'd be too similar to the conspiracy we got in the first film.
Old 04-27-22, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don’t necessarily care about the Court of the Owls storyline being done, but I just know they were talked about as possible villains.
IBJoel (04-27-22)
Old 04-27-22, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike86
Keeping with the first movie Hush makes sense. I know also the Court of Owls have been talked about as has a take on Mr. Freeze.
I do think Mr. Freeze is due for a proper live action adaptation. And seems like Reeves could make him work in this grounded world.
Old 04-27-22, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I do think Mr. Freeze is due for a proper live action adaptation. And seems like Reeves could make him work in this grounded world.
My only problem with it is I feel like it’ll just be a killer who’s “cold-hearted” or something and probably very little resembling the actual character or his freeze gun. That’s the drawback to a grounded film.
Old 04-27-22, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 217 Likes on 156 Posts

Would love a Christmas/Winter setting w Mr. Freeze, a nice contrast to the rain soaked first film. I think you could easily keep the villain's physical appearance, as long as things are presented seriously you can still have the fantasy/comic book elements.
TheMovieman (04-27-22)
Old 04-27-22, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There are probably ways it could work. In terms of his look probably do away with the dome and make it so he just has pale skin and wears the red goggles. You could probably also take some cues from Dexter and have him be similar in style to the Ice Truck Killer.
Old 04-29-22, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Given the events at the end of the first film, I assume another character going for a power grab along with the Penguin would be Salvatore Maroni since his conviction will be overturned. So I was thinking, who could play that role. Seems like a good fit for Bryan Cranston.
Old 04-29-22, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by philo
Real name Lenny Fiasco.

As the owner of the Eraser’s first appearance, I heartily endorse this proposal.
Old 04-29-22, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Batman v Freeze (colors focus more on icy dark color schemes) emphasizes a lot on Mr. Freeze classics red lenses

-Gotham in Summer time

-SAME COWL OR SAME COWL SILHOUETTE from first movie with MINOR upgrades (the cowl could have armor addition for telecoms, detective mode, etc)

-KEEP COLLAR ON THE SUIT!

-A little more Bruce Wayne with 1 or 2 ladies somewhat similar to Batman Begins to give him more playboy but but still nonchalant due to his pain and rage

-Love interest Vicki Vale

-Mr freeze tries to seek revenge on the man that pull funding from his experiment on his wife (from heart of ice story)

-Vale matches DNA to Nora fries so freeze tries to kidnap her (similar to subzero story)

-Freeze gets more pleasure to kill Vale once he realizes Batman takes interest to her

-More intimate conversations and venting between the two reckoned characters about all they’ve lost and their perspectives and outlooks

-Mr freeze sneaks around and pops up at doctors desk, also in another doctors sleep rounding up a few doctors and some henchmen that keep the fur hood jackets similar to animated series

-Mr freeze has “grounded” look by a full face gas mask/helmet type of mechanism that forces Batman to make my minor upgrades to his armor and cowl but still very much resembles the first suit (maybe like a new dark silver armor over the original black or the same black armor over a new gray weatherproofed suit to prevent him from getting sick or harmed from ice)

-Also could be a full round new body suit for Freeze midway through film that makes Batman upgrade as well and don a similar body armor to Tony Stark’s to defeat Freeze

-Freeze’s main weapon is his gun which makes Batman more focused on batarangs and all of his projectiles

-HARVEY DENT DEVELOPMENT STORYLINE THROUGHOUT STORY

-Dent and Wayne are good friends from childhood but got separated earlier on due to parents death and reconnected in the sequel to see another side of Bruce

-Dent goes through tragedy towards the end of the movie to build up for third film

-By the third film Two-face should be the villain paired up with one of the villains: Firefly, Black Mask, Bane?????

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4257.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4260.jpeg

IMG_4261.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

IMG_4263.jpeg

IMG_4264.jpeg

IMG_4265.jpeg

IMG_4266.jpeg

Old 04-29-22, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-29-22, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 965 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshKeat1
Batman v Freeze (colors focus more on icy dark color schemes) emphasizes a lot on Mr. Freeze classics red lenses

-Gotham in Summer time

-SAME COWL OR SAME COWL SILHOUETTE from first movie with MINOR upgrades (the cowl could have armor addition for telecoms, detective mode, etc)

-KEEP COLLAR ON THE SUIT!

-A little more Bruce Wayne with 1 or 2 ladies somewhat similar to Batman Begins to give him more playboy but but still nonchalant due to his pain and rage

-Love interest Vicki Vale

-Mr freeze tries to seek revenge on the man that pull funding from his experiment on his wife (from heart of ice story)

-Vale matches DNA to Nora fries so freeze tries to kidnap her (similar to subzero story)

-Freeze gets more pleasure to kill Vale once he realizes Batman takes interest to her

-More intimate conversations and venting between the two reckoned characters about all they’ve lost and their perspectives and outlooks

-Mr freeze sneaks around and pops up at doctors desk, also in another doctors sleep rounding up a few doctors and some henchmen that keep the fur hood jackets similar to animated series

-Mr freeze has “grounded” look by a full face gas mask/helmet type of mechanism that forces Batman to make my minor upgrades to his armor and cowl but still very much resembles the first suit (maybe like a new dark silver armor over the original black or the same black armor over a new gray weatherproofed suit to prevent him from getting sick or harmed from ice)

-Also could be a full round new body suit for Freeze midway through film that makes Batman upgrade as well and don a similar body armor to Tony Stark’s to defeat Freeze

-Freeze’s main weapon is his gun which makes Batman more focused on batarangs and all of his projectiles

-HARVEY DENT DEVELOPMENT STORYLINE THROUGHOUT STORY

-Dent and Wayne are good friends from childhood but got separated earlier on due to parents death and reconnected in the sequel to see another side of Bruce

-Dent goes through tragedy towards the end of the movie to build up for third film

-By the third film Two-face should be the villain paired up with one of the villains: Firefly, Black Mask, Bane?????

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4257.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4260.jpeg

IMG_4261.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

IMG_4263.jpeg

IMG_4264.jpeg

IMG_4265.jpeg

IMG_4266.jpeg
Only if Batman defeats him in the end by smashing a can of chicken noodle soup on his helmet.
Why So Blu? (04-30-22)
Old 08-23-22, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

The Batman 2: Mattson Tomline to Write with Matt Reeves – The Hollywood Reporter
Old 01-31-23, 11:06 AM

Received 4,625 Likes on 3,132 Posts

Release date:
Batman II will be Oct. 3, 2025
IBJoel (01-31-23)
Old 01-31-23, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

October? Here comes Scarecrow.
Old 01-31-23, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Seems so far away. Definitely looking forward to more.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.