Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Senior Year (2022) -- S: Wilson, Chao, Hartley, Richardson, Silverstone -- Netflix

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Senior Year (2022) -- S: Wilson, Chao, Hartley, Richardson, Silverstone -- Netflix

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-22, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

After a cheerleader (Rebel Wilson) falls off a pyramid and into a 20 year coma, she wakes up as a 37-year-old woman, ready to return to high school, regain her status and claim the prom queen crown that eluded her.

Old 05-13-22, 02:59 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
re: Senior Year (2022) -- S: Wilson, Chao, Hartley, Richardson, Silverstone -- Netflix

This is out today.

Reviews aren't great: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/senior_year

It has a really good supporting cast though...
Old 05-13-22, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
re: Senior Year (2022) -- S: Wilson, Chao, Hartley, Richardson, Silverstone -- Netflix

Stupid concept but Rebel Wilson is fun enough to watch that I may check it out.

And not to sound like a former DVDTalk member but it being rated ‘R’ piques my interest a little more.
Old 05-13-22, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

AV club gives it a C+, but also says it might still be something that many folks enjoy watching on Netflix. Their biggest lament is that this film could have been a bit more bold and less subdued compared to the what we end up with. They note that given the quality of the supporting cast, we could have ended up with a less derivative film. Me, I plan to watch and it will be interesting to see Rebel in a role that highlights her new physique.
Old 05-13-22, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

I had been watching a lot of true crime documentaries lately, so figured this would be lighter fare. You pretty much expect it to be predictable. Alicia has a very short role and doesn't show up until there's 20 mins left. But there's a few snicker moments. Rebel tries pretty hard. Probably still getting used to her new self. I liked it more than the Mike Myers vehicle.
Old 05-13-22, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
I had been watching a lot of true crime documentaries lately, so figured this would be lighter fare. You pretty much expect it to be predictable. Alicia has a very short role and doesn't show up until there's 20 mins left. But there's a few snicker moments. Rebel tries pretty hard. Probably still getting used to her new self. I liked it more than the Mike Myers vehicle.
I'm pretty sure the only shot of Alicia is in a poster on the trailer (which is probably a hint), and if the title of this thread didn't feature her I wouldn't have even known she was in it.
Old 05-13-22, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I'm pretty sure the only shot of Alicia is in a poster on the trailer (which is probably a hint), and if the title of this thread didn't feature her I wouldn't have even known she was in it.
She has a speaking role Uber/Lyft driver.
Old 05-14-22, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

Decent comedy. Not really a Rebel Wilson fan, but I thought Angourie Rice was great.

Hated the fact that Rebel Wilson’s character didn’t need physical therapy after waking up from a 20 year coma. There could have been a classic montage scene of training and working out haha

I was also class of 2002, so that rally scene was spot on for me. That CD skipping line

Overall 90s soundtrack for this movie was on point. **gets nostalgic for Mandy Moore**

Last edited by MLBFan24; 05-14-22 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-14-22, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

I enjoyed this a bit more than I thought I would, of course it was very predictable, but it was just such an easy watch.
Old 08-21-22, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: Senior Year (2022) -- S: Wilson, Chao, Hartley, Richardson, Silverstone -- Netflix

I was not expecting much but this was not bad at all.

A fun Sat movie.

it is not LOL in every scene but enough here and there.

I wish Sam Richardson and Chris Parnell had more scenes.

I thought revealing Alicia Silverstone was in this would be kind of a spoiler since she appears near the end though I did not read who was in the cast before watching the movie.

It is funny people probably have fond memories of 2002 and that era gets covered in a movie like most people here reminiscence about the 80's and or the 90's
Old 08-22-22, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Re: Senior Year (2022) -- S: Wilson, Chao, Hartley, Richardson, Silverstone -- Netflix

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I was not expecting much but this was not bad at all.

A fun Sat movie.

it is not LOL in every scene but enough here and there.

I wish Sam Richardson and Chris Parnell had more scenes.

I thought revealing Alicia Silverstone was in this would be kind of a spoiler since she appears near the end though I did not read who was in the cast before watching the movie.

It is funny people probably have fond memories of 2002 and that era gets covered in a movie like most people here reminiscence about the 80's and or the 90's
Yeah pretty much agree with the above. It was not terrible good for a few laughs and I actually liked it.