Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

"The Dark and the Wicked" (2020) from the Writer/Director of "The Strangers"

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 11-06-20, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts

I loved "The Strangers". I think it's one of the scariest films from the last 20 years. So I was really looking forward to this. But it's nothing like that movie, this has more of a "Heredity" vibe to it. Another favorite of mine. It's as equally disturbing and intense. It's currently at 90% on RT. I'd give it a 9/10 rating.

Old 11-12-20, 10:42 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 375 Likes on 332 Posts
Re: "The Dark and the Wicked" (2020) from the Writer/Director of "The Strangers"

I dunno. This was definitely creepy as hell, but not at all original. That entire family was fucked though. Again, definitely creepy, but definitely stuff you’ve seen before. I thought Hereditary was a lot better. A lot. I really liked that one. This was just meh.
Old 11-14-20, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 143 Likes on 104 Posts
Re: "The Dark and the Wicked" (2020) from the Writer/Director of "The Strangers"

We rented this last night and it blew...not original at all like Oldboy said. Quite boring also.

Save your money.
Old 12-26-20, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 148 Likes on 95 Posts

I liked this and found it to be very creepy. Even though Toni Collette’s performance in Hereditary was excellent, I thought this was a much better film. It reminded me of two slow burn atmospheric horror films that I really liked: The Blackcoat’s Daughter and The Eyes of My Mother.

4/5
The following users liked this post:
Daytripper (12-27-20)