Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Infidel (2020) -- S: Jim Caviezel

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-10-20, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts

Infidel Opens at Regal theatres on September 18. Infidel is a contemporary political thriller set in the Middle East and filled with suspense and intrigue, inspired by true events, and ripped from today's headlines. Jim Caviezel (The Passion of the Christ, Person of Interest, Deja Vu) plays an American journalist/blogger who is kidnapped while attending a conference in the Middle East. Taken Hostage by the Iranian regime, he is put on trial for trumped-up charges of espionage. His wife, who works for the State Department, quickly realizes that the American government can do nothing. Feeling desperate and alone, she goes to Iran to try to free him herself. This exciting story sheds light on the plight of Americans currently held captive in Iran, about whom the world has forgotten.

Director: Cyrus Nowrasteh Writers: Cyrus Nowrasteh

Stars: Jim Caviezel, Stelio Savante, Hal Ozsan, Claudia Karvan, Bijan Daneshmand

The following users liked this post:
Hubbub (09-11-20)
Old 09-21-20, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Infidel (2020) -- S: Jim Caviezel

Just got back from seeing this. Going to be honest, this movie wasn't very good. First of all, it's faith-based. If you don't enjoy religion themed movies, then this is definitely not for you. I don't seek out faith based movies. The trailer didn't sell this movie as faith based either. Also, I saw in the opening credits, it's produced by Dinesh D'Souza. I don't know much about him, but I heard he's some kind of political nut job.

The story started out interesting and I think there was a potentially compelling movie in there somewhere. But, it lost me when it went into faith and religious propaganda. The climatic sequence had probably one of the stupidest prison escapes ever.

Caviezel isn't some badass like he was in Person of Interest. He's a Christian Blogger, who pisses off the wrong people, and gets himself into some serious trouble. And his wife is a woman who lost her faith in God after she gets into a car accident and loses their baby.

I don't need to go into it anymore. Skip it. D+ from me.
Old 09-21-20, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 153 Posts

I had a reservation for today since it is the only movie in town I hadn't seen, but I didn't like the trailer, and I've never been a Caviezel fan, so I did more research on it. Cancelled the reservation after I saw the Dinesh D'Souza credit.
Old 09-21-20, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Oh and they actually made a reference in the movie to

Spoiler:

coronavirus spreading the prison where Caviezel’s character was imprisoned at. But the reference was off camera and in audio. So it could have been added in ADR.

Old 09-24-20, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Finally, a movie I can get behind.
The following users liked this post:
Hubbub (09-24-20)