DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Stallone says "Demolition Man 2" is in the works (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/650437-stallone-says-demolition-man-2-works.html)

Traxan 05-04-20 05:40 PM

Stallone says "Demolition Man 2" is in the works

No. Just leave well enough alone/

With the original film maintaining a special place in the hearts of ‘90s action fans, not to mention Stallone boosters, the actor says there has been talk of a follow-up. Speaking to fans in an Instagram Live session, Stallone answered a question about whether there’s a chance of a Demolition Man sequel happening and he replied (via ComicBook.com) "I think there is. We're working on it right now with Warner Bros. and it's looking fantastic. So that should come out, that's going to happen."

https://screenrant.com/demolition-ma...ster-stallone/

OldBoy 05-04-20 05:47 PM

Re: Stallone says "Demolition Man 2" is in the works

ugh. i'm so done with Stallone's remakes, retools, continuations of every franchise he ever made (well, just the 2, but still). give it up. do more Cop Land type movies and less going to the well and dumping feces in it...

Decker 05-04-20 05:48 PM

Safest bet in history : Sandra Bullock won't be involved.

Second safest bet in history : Wesley Snipes will be.

dex14 05-04-20 05:55 PM

Just like that Tango & Cash sequel that’s coming along...

Hazel Motes 05-04-20 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13735487)
Just like that Tango & Cash sequel that’s coming along...

Tango & Cash & Eddie Murphy as the third brother

tonyc3742 05-04-20 06:08 PM

Enhance your calm, people!
I just rewatched this Saturday. Still great ridiculous fun. (I actually also have the Sega CD video game version.)
Not sure what I think about a sequel thirty years later. I'm open to it but think it'll be hard to recapture the feel. That said, I am 110% on board with Bullock back if that has a chance of happening.

E Unit 05-04-20 06:17 PM

Now they can show in its entirety the 3 shell scene.

Traxan 05-04-20 06:49 PM

Really is a shame the director walked away after one more movie.

E Unit 05-04-20 06:57 PM

Don't be silly - he did the mini-series Dinotopia a few years later.

JeffTheAlpaca 05-04-20 07:23 PM

Will he do Cliffhanger 2?

Jaymole 05-05-20 06:28 AM

Stallone has such a limited mental frame, I would not be surprised to see Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot Part 2 eventually happening.

Bluelitespecial 05-05-20 09:01 AM

I want an explanation of the three sea shells.

dom56 05-05-20 09:07 AM

How about Cobra 2. Maybe he can cure the coronavirus.

Artman 05-05-20 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13735479)
do more Cop Land type movies and less going to the well and dumping feces in it...

Yeah, I'd love to see him in more gritty dramas...maybe he's just not being offered much these days, so he's just sticking with these kinds of projects. I could see the futuristic setting being appealing to build on here, gotta rewatch it's probably been ten yrs!

brayzie 05-05-20 04:19 PM

Why wasn’t there a Demolition Man 2 back then? I thought the first one made money. The modern day Demolition Man scenes was also a better parody/meta approach of action movies than Last Action Hero.

Runaway 05-05-20 04:49 PM

Stallone is still able to capitalize on his old franchises and fan nostalgia really works for him. The Expendables was a success due to 80s/90s action nostalgia, Rocky Balboa, Rambo 4 + 5 and both Creed movies I really enjoyed and his roles as Rocky and Rambo payed respect to Stallones age. I agree that he should do more movies like Cop Land or play roles like in Get Carter, although the movie wasn't that great, but in my opinion especially Creed did exactly that.
Movies like Demolition Man or Cliffhanger aren't that well suited for sequels, but I rather see him in those, than him going the Bruce Willis direction an ending up doing more movies like the Escape Plan Sequels or Backtrace where he just appears for a couple of minutes in a waste of time movie.

Hazel Motes 05-05-20 06:01 PM

Stallone can actually act. Can he not get roles in more "serious" films?

JeffTheAlpaca 05-05-20 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jaymole (Post 13735740)
Stallone has such a limited mental frame, I would not be surprised to see Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot Part 2 eventually happening.

I hope it happens :lol:

I think he has enough money so he could retire?