DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Fatale (2020) -- S: Hilary Swank, Michael Ealy, Mike Colter (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/650339-fatale-2020-s-hilary-swank-michael-ealy-mike-colter.html)

DJariya 04-20-20 04:18 PM

Fatale (2020) -- S: Hilary Swank, Michael Ealy, Mike Colter

1st teaser: It's very quick. No full trailer yet.

In this suspenseful and provocative psychological thriller, a successful sports agent, Darren (Michael Ealy), watches his perfect life slowly disappear when he becomes entangled in a police investigation led by a discredited, disgraced and determined detective (Hilary Swank), with whom he had a wild one night stand.

I actually saw this movie last October at a test screening. I can't say much because I signed an NDA and the movie hasn't come out yet. But the style of this movie is very similar to one of those Screen Gems thrillers with a mostly black cast. This one will definitely be R rated.

dex14 04-20-20 04:45 PM

Re: Fatale (2020) -- S: Hilary Swank, Michael Ealy, Mike Colter

I saw a full trailer for this with (I think it was) The Hunt.

DJariya 12-03-20 02:33 PM

The 1st full trailer.

As I said in my 1st post, I already saw this movie in October 2019 at a Test screening. Surprised it's been delayed this long. And I'm also surprised it's getting a December 18th theatrical release when so many theatres are closed.

GoldenJCJ 12-03-20 03:40 PM

^ Everything about that trailer, right down the to movie’s title, makes it looks like something we’ve all seen a hundred times before.

DJariya 12-03-20 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ (Post 13852414)
^ Everything about that trailer, right down the to movie’s title, makes it looks like something we’ve all seen a hundred times before.

I know you're never going to see it, but I will say this that it's basically an erotic thriller geared towards a black audience. And yes, this genre has been done to death.

It's been about 14 months since I've seen it and I don't think I would rewatch it again.

GoldenJCJ 12-03-20 05:08 PM

^ Eh, I might watch it some time. It’s the type of movie I’ll end up watching if I flip past it on cable - which isn’t a knock considering that’s usually what happens for about half the movies I watch.

mickey65 12-04-20 10:14 PM

Fatal Attraction 2020

DJariya 01-05-21 01:29 PM

If you have a movie theatre open in your area, you can get a free ticket to see Fatale with this promo code.

DJariya 06-19-21 07:12 PM

FYI

This is now on HBO Max and premieres tonight on regular HBO as well.