Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Stephen King’s Salem’s Lot (2024, D: Dauberman)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-20, 02:44 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

New Line’s adaptation of Stephen King novel Salem’s Lot has found its vampire master.

Gary Dauberman, the horror writer who made his directorial debut with last year’s Annabelle Comes Home, has closed a deal to direct the feature thriller.

Dauberman already has a stake in Salem’s Lot (sorry, couldn’t resist) as he is also the project’s screenwriter.

James Wan, Roy Lee and Mark Wolper are producing.

Published in 1975, King’s book centers on an author who returns to his hometown in order to write about an abandoned mansion in the small town. As he discovers the home has been bought by a mysterious man from Europe, the man also realizes that townspeople are slowly being turned into vampires. The writer bands together with a ragtag group to stop the spread of vampires, with the final confrontation happening in the house with the mysterious man.

While Salem’s Lot has never been adapted to the silver screen, it has been translated to the small screen. A 1979 miniseries that starred David Soul as the writer was directed by Tobe Hooper, the master horror filmmaker behind The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Poltergeist.

Larry Cohen directed the 1987 sequel. A 2004 two-parter that aired on TNT and starred Rob Lowe was helmed by longtime TV director Mikael Salomon.

Dauberman is one of Hollywood’s big writers in the horror field and a New Line favorite, with the movies he's been involved with having generated over $2.3 billion for the Warner Bros. division. He wrote the company’s high-profile and successful Stephen King adaptations, It and It Chapter Two. He is also a big part of New Line’s horror line based on The Conjuring: he wrote spinoffs Annabelle, Annabelle Creation and Annabelle Comes Home, directing the latter. He also wrote spinoff The Nun.

Dauberman is repped by ICM Partners, Industry Entertainment and Felker Toczek.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ms-lot-1289603
Old 04-10-20, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts
re: Stephen King’s Salem’s Lot (2024, D: Dauberman)

Third time's the charm?
Old 04-10-20, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

I've only seen the original. Might be interested depending how it looks.
Old 04-10-20, 05:35 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Old 03-12-24, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Moving to Max. Will drop later this year. Apparently this was filmed 3 years ago, so it’s been sitting awhile.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...73e828aa12daf1
Old 03-13-24, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: Stephen King’s Salem’s Lot (2024, D: Dauberman)

Originally Posted by DJariya
Moving to Max. Will drop later this year. Apparently this was filmed 3 years ago, so it’s been sitting awhile.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...73e828aa12daf1
Well, that doesn’t give me much hope…

I loved the original but hated the remake, so we will see what happens with this one.
Old 03-13-24, 10:55 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Stephen King’s Salem’s Lot (2024, D: Dauberman)

King seemed to think it was alright.

Between you and me, Twitter, I’ve seen the new SALEM’S LOT and it’s quite good,” the author wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter, February 19. “Old-school horror filmmaking: slow build, big payoff. Not sure why WB is holding it back; not like it’s embarrassing, or anything. Who knows. I just write the fucking things.