Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Men in Black: International (F. Gary Gray, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Men in Black: International (F. Gary Gray, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Review
0%
9.09%
9.09%
27.27%
36.36%
9.09%
9.09%
0%
0%
0%
0%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Men in Black: International (F. Gary Gray, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-19, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Men in Black: International (F. Gary Gray, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by whotony

I offered my opinion on his opinion.

I feel like your trying to say that if someone, in this case Orbi offers a fully realized and detailed review on a movie that no one is allowed to offer an opinion on the review.
I don't mind, personally. Writing these reviews is a creative outlet, and a way to continue to show my love for movies. A lot of people follow me on Facebook to read them, especially the Notes For Parents. Others, just to see if what I think lines up with their own opinion. I disagree with critics a lot. Being a critic is going to invite criticism. Not a problem.
Old 07-01-19, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 645 Likes on 463 Posts
Re: Men in Black: International (F. Gary Gray, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Old 07-01-19, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,349 Likes on 921 Posts

From my review page WHOTONY READS ORBI-WAN GOES TO THE MOVIES ...

Bull$#it!

Orbi-Wan has done it again. His opinions don’t line up with my opinions, so bull$#it!

His recent review of Men In Black: International rates 1 glass of warm blue milk out of 5 delicious properly chilled glasses.

Tune in next week when I review Orbi-Wan’s review of the new Child’s Play. Hint: you should take the whole family to see it as a double feature with Toy Story 4. MUHAHAHAHA!

Old 07-01-19, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 645 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff

Bull$#it!

Orbi-Wan has done it again. His opinions don’t line up with my opinions, so bull$#it!

His recent review of Men In Black: International rates 1 glass of warm blue milk out of 5 delicious properly chilled glasses.

Tune in next week when I review Orbi-Wan’s review of the new Child’s Play. Hint: you should take the whole family to see it as a double feature with Toy Story 4. MUHAHAHAHA!

ok well here’s my review of your parody of my review of Orbi’s review

It definitely captures the spirit of the review of the original review so an easy 4 Otters out of 5 otters.
Old 07-02-19, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff

Bull$#it!

LOL! Now I know how pop artists feel when Weird Al parodies their songs!
Old 07-10-19, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Orbi-Wan Techno
LOL! Now I know how pop artists feel when Weird Al parodies their songs!
Yup, and now you know you've made it!

Movie question - they indicated that the first contact with aliens was thru the Eiffel tower. I thought the first contact was supposed to be in the states and Tommy Lee Jones' character was there for it? Or maybe that was just his first contact.
Old 07-10-19, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by karoomba

Movie question - they indicated that the first contact with aliens was thru the Eiffel tower. I thought the first contact was supposed to be in the states and Tommy Lee Jones' character was there for it? Or maybe that was just his first contact.
https://www.cbr.com/men-in-black-int...gency-history/
Old 07-12-19, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 441 Likes on 312 Posts

I saw this at the drive in while on vacation last week, it was OK overall but nothing I would plan to buy, I might rewatch it on HBO / netflix again at some point but would not go out of my way to see it again.
I generally like Tessa Thompson but she really came off as a cold fish in this, some lack of spark in the role in my opinion, I wanted to like her more and like her quite a bit with the Thor stuff as well as in Westworld. I wavered between giving it a 3 or a 3.5 Some cool effects and good moments but its not something that left me wanting more or any kind of sequel.
Old 07-20-19, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 306 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I saw it this morning... a 3.5/5 for me.

Formulaic but enjoyable.

They could have done a bit more with what they had, but I was entertained nonetheless.
Just saw it and agree with you. I might even give it a 3.75/5. It was cute and fun. And fits nicely within the franchise. Given it's poor box-office, I'm guessing this will be the last in the series. Of course knowing Hollywood, they'll probably remake the original in 3-5 years.