Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Collected (The Collector 3) (D: Dunstan)

Old 05-03-19, 07:18 AM

The Collected (The Collector 3) (D: Dunstan)

We’ve been begging for a sequel to The Collection ever since the follow-up to The Collector was released back in 2012, but despite the sequel tease at the end of the second installment (Arkin collects the Collector!), there’s been no forward momentum on that front these past seven years. Which brings us to tonight, and a tease from franchise star Josh Stewart!

Stewart, who plays the unlikely hero Arkin in the series, took to Twitter tonight to share a poster for The Collector 3, tweeted out with the simple caption: “Lock the door.”

And no, this isn’t just a cruel joke, as we’ve confirmed part 3 is happening!

Stewart’s Arkin was the sole survivor of the Collector’s wrath in the first film, a sinister maniac who’s fond of rigging up elaborate traps and quite literally collecting his victims… dead and alive. Stewart returned for the sequel, taking the fight to the Collector and ultimately defeating him. Presumably, the new film will pick up where The Collection left off.

Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan co-wrote both films, and Dunstan served as director. We can also exclusively tell you that Dunstan is back to direct the third installment!

More as we learn it…
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ion-happening/
Old 05-03-19, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

re: The Collected (The Collector 3) (D: Dunstan)

The first was a decent "Saw" clone but the sequel went full-on batshit crazy and I had a BLAST with it. I'm in for a third.
Old 05-03-19, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked 1 and 2.. I'm down for a 3rd.
Old 05-03-19, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The first one was okay, but I loved part 2. I'm game for more of this. I know most of this forum hates gruesome horror like this and probably will pass on it.
Old 05-03-19, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I loved both Collector movies but it's been some time since the last one. I hope they have a decent script.
Old 05-03-19, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1 was good. 2 was pretty terrible.
2 killed any hype I might've had for a sequel.
Old 05-03-19, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's been a while but I saw 1 and dug it more than I thought I would. Didn't know about 2...I might check out 3.
Old 05-03-19, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
1 was good. 2 was pretty terrible.
2 killed any hype I might've had for a sequel.
Agreed. I saw the first one at the theater and loved it. The sequel was a joke which threw continuity and any semblance of style under the bus. No interest in a third.
Old 05-21-19, 05:37 PM

As we told you earlier this month, the third installment in the franchise that began with The Collector and continued with The Collection is finally in the works, and tonight we’ve learned that it’s officially been titled The Collected. Once again, Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton wrote the script, and Dunstan is on board to direct.

“The Collected is going to triple down on the grit and suspense we had in the first Collector,” we’ve been promised tonight. Filming will take place in Fall 2019.

Josh Stewart and Emma Fitzpatrick will star, both reprising their roles.

At the end of The Collection, Stewart’s Arkin quite literally collected the Collector, so the third film’s title is pretty perfect. We cannot wait to see where the franchise goes from there!

David Brown (Clear Horizon Entertainment) and Brett Forbes (Rad All Day Productions) will produce.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...0nWNPAAMGviDic