Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Those Who Wish Me Dead (D: Taylor Sheridan) S: Angelina Jolie

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-28-19, 06:20 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Angelina Jolie is poised to star in Those Who Wish Me Dead, a drama that Taylor Sheridan wrote and will direct late this spring.

BRON Studios and Film Rites are set to produce and Creative Wealth Media will finance the rugged thriller helmed by Sheridan, who made his directorial debut on the celebrated Wind River, and whose scripts include Hell or High Water, Sicario and the sequel Sicario: Day of the Soldado. Sheridan has adapted the script from the Michael Koryta bestselling novel.

Oscar-winner Jolie is finalizing a deal to star. Sheridan’s script is described as a hard-boiled chase thriller set against a wildfire in the Montana wilderness and uses the novel as a jumping-off point.

The plan is to shoot in May, after Sheridan completes the second season of his Kevin Costner-starrer series Yellowstone, which Sheridan exec produces, writes and directs. There is no studio yet, but this is a hot property that will land quickly.

Garrett Basch and Steve Zaillian and BRON Studios’ Aaron L. Gilbert (The Mule, Tully, Fences, Leave No Trace) will produce. Creative Wealth Media’s Jason Cloth (Tully, Fences, A Simple Favor) is executive producer.

Jolie, who most recently wrapped Maleficent 2, is repped by UTA; Sheridan is CAA and Elevate Entertainment.
https://deadline.com/2019/01/angelin...os-1202543892/
Old 01-29-19, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

re: Those Who Wish Me Dead (D: Taylor Sheridan) S: Angelina Jolie

Looking at the thread title I thought it was going to be Jim Sheridan, and while I love Jim Sheridan, this is even better news. Sicario, Hell or High Water and Wind River were all excellent. Will watch anything he does at this point.
Old 01-29-19, 08:13 AM

Re: Those Who Wish Me Dead (D: Taylor Sheridan) S: Angelina Jolie

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Looking at the thread title I thought it was going to be Jim Sheridan, and while I love Jim Sheridan, this is even better news. Sicario, Hell or High Water and Wind River were all excellent. Will watch anything he does at this point.
You're right. I changed to get more eyes.

Off topic... What a weird career path for Jim. A great trilogy of films with DDL, The Field, and In America. Then... Get Rich or Die Tryin'...
Old 01-29-19, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just worry that Sheridan is spreading himself a little too thin.
Old 01-29-19, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
You're right. I changed to get more eyes.

Off topic... What a weird career path for Jim. A great trilogy of films with DDL, The Field, and In America. Then... Get Rich or Die Tryin'...
Yeah, his first 5 films were quite honestly amazing. I own all 5. Then things just sort of fell apart. It's like he said everything he had to say, and then just became a director for hire.
Old 04-29-19, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nicholas Hoult Joins Angelina Jolie in Taylor Sheridan's 'Those Who Wish Me Dead'
11:44 AM PDT 4/29/2019 by Mia Galuppo

Nicholas Hoult will join Angelina Jolie in Wind River filmmaker Taylor Sheridan's next feature, Those Who Wish Me Dead.

The thriller is based on the best-selling novel of the same name by Michael Koryta, which centers on a teen in a witness protection program hiding out from a pair of killers in a wilderness skills program while a fire engulfs Montana. Sheridan, who penned the script for Hell or High Water (2016), will adapt the book for the screen.

Garrett Basch and Steve Zaillian of Film Rites and Bron Studiosí Aaron L. Gilbert are producing. Creative Wealth Media arranged financing, with Jason Cloth executive producing.

Hoult was last in theaters with The Favourite. He will next be seen in the J.R.R. Tolkien biopic Tolkien, and will reprise his role as Beast in X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

Hoult is repped by UTA, the U.K.'s 42 and Felker Toczek.