DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Tenet (2020, D: Christopher Nolan) Washington, Pattinson, Debicki (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/646586-tenet-2020-d-christopher-nolan-washington-pattinson-debicki.html)

TheMovieman 08-03-19 06:58 PM

Re: Tenet (2020, D: Christopher Nolan) Washington, Pattinson, Debicki

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...47d5fe4843.gif

incomjoe 08-05-19 12:42 AM

Really can't wait for this!:hungry:

Shannon Nutt 08-05-19 06:43 AM

Saw the teaser trailer...it tells us absolutely nothing about what the film is about. :lol:

dex14 08-27-19 01:40 PM

Christopher Nolan’s ‘Tenet’ Adds ‘Yesterday’ Star Himesh Patel (EXCLUSIVE)
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/h...h5ZV8TPaO3O3SE

TomOpus 10-03-19 06:34 PM

Teaser trailer was shown right before Joker. Still not sure what it's about.

E Unit 10-03-19 08:15 PM

If it goes like his usual, we’ll have watched the movie and still not know what it’s about.

bluetoast 10-03-19 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 13618168)
Teaser trailer was shown right before Joker. Still not sure what it's about.

We know it was compelling enough for John David Washington to read the script and agree to star...which means it can’t be worse than Ballers. Fuck, I’ve set the bar too low with that train of thought.

Why So Blu? 10-04-19 02:08 AM

Surprised that folks are surprised that they played this in front of Joker. They played it in front of It: Chapter 2 last month. :shrug:

TomOpus 10-04-19 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13618342)
Surprised that folks are surprised that they played this in front of Joker. They played it in front of It: Chapter 2 last month. :shrug:

Not at my Alamo Drafthouse.

dex14 10-04-19 05:46 AM

It first started two months ago with Hobbs and Shaw.

TomOpus 10-04-19 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13618366)
It first started two months ago with Hobbs and Shaw.

Are you talking about the one above with just the rotating title? This one showed actual movie footage.

dex14 10-04-19 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 13618483)
Are you talking about the one above with just the rotating title? This one showed actual movie footage.

No. I’m talking about the teaser. I posted about it then, in the post right before the above, which is just an animated poster.

TomOpus 10-04-19 12:20 PM

Okay. I guess I was looking for a teaser trailer. As secretive as this has been, I figured anything would be posted that showed anything.

dex14 10-04-19 12:25 PM

It wasn’t officially made available online.

Hokeyboy 10-04-19 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13618342)

Same here. No big whoop.

Dr. DVD 10-06-19 09:35 AM

The outfits Washington and Pattinson are wearing make it look like another remake of Miami Vice. :)

dex14 12-12-19 08:23 AM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...c7989c6ae6.png

In what should come as a surprise to no one who has followed the marketing campaigns for Christopher Nolan’s films, our next look at the filmmaker’s top-secret Tenet is set to be with us very soon. Following a tradition established with The Dark Knight back in 2007 to highlight its first-time fiction feature use of IMAX cameras, an extended prologue sequence for the film has been rated tonight by the MPA.

The runtime of the piece is still, as of yet, unknown – TDK and The Dark Knight Rises pieces were the opening 10 or so minutes of the film, while the Dunkirk one was a ‘short film version’ of parts of the film’s first act. You can read more about Nolan’s prologues in a retrospective piece we did last year.

It is almost a certainty that this will be attached to IMAX screenings of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in just over three weeks time, akin to Dunkirk’s prologue with spin-off Rogue One back in 2016, though hopefully this time, at all IMAX locations – we suspect a list, if it’s not all locations and showings, to be released closer to the time. And alongside this, we expect a brand-new trailer for the film itself – surely releasing online this time – to debut in time for the release of J.J. Abrams’ epic saga conclusion, to play with non-IMAX screenings of the film.

As always, we’ll be sure to have more info on everything Tenet here as it comes in.

An action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.

Starring John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Clémence Poésy, with Michael Caine and Kenneth Branagh, the film is released July 17 in the U.S. and the UK.
https://trailer-track.com/2019/11/27...et-on-the-way/

Mabuse 12-12-19 10:40 AM

Following a tradition established with The Dark Knight back in 2007 to highlight its first-time fiction feature use of IMAX cameras,
False.

Edit: Okay, I’ll modify my statement slightly. There were narrative fiction films made before using the IMAX camera, but they arguably weren’t features. They were produced at the length limitation of IMAX projection at the time. And they were shot entirely in IMAX not just select sequences.

Bottom line is the writer is splitting hairs and doing written gymnastics to award TDK a “first”.

dex14 12-18-19 08:54 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...0823e792f2.jpg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...d33e5e6863.jpg

“So, what can I not tell you about my movie?”

That’s writer-director Christopher Nolan warming up to talk publicly for the very first time about his up-to-now supersecret new film Tenet. The movie, out July 17, stars John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and Kenneth Branagh, and has been officially, if somewhat unrevealingly, described as “an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.”

“We’re jumping off from the point of view of an espionage film, but we’re going to a number of different places,” explains the director of the blockbusters Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk, and the Christian Bale-starring Batman trilogy. “We’re crossing a few different genres in a hopefully exciting and fresh way. [Producer] Emma [Thomas] and I have put together a lot of large-scale productions, but this is certainly the biggest in terms of international reach. We shot in seven countries, all over the place, with a massive cast and huge set pieces. There’s no question, it’s the most ambitious film we’ve made.”

The director also reveals that Washington is “very much the hero” of Tenet. “He’s a massively talented actor and physically gifted,” Nolan says of the BlacKkKlansman star, who is a former professional football player. “He’s an athlete and pretty hard for anybody to keep up with, including the different vehicles we shot him from — cars and helicopters. [Laughs] This guy moves.”

Speaking of vehicles, Washington recalls the difficulty of looking at ease while shooting a boat-set sequence with Debicki. “I was terrified, but when Christopher Nolan yelled ‘Action!’ I had to throw all that away and make it look cool,” says the actor. Why was he terrified? “Because it’s a boat, man!” Washington adds with a laugh. “I don’t know how to drive a boat! But I had to act like I did.”
https://ew.com/movies/2019/12/18/ten...ton-first-look

dex14 12-19-19 11:11 AM

<iframe width="645" height="363" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LdOM0x0XDMo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

redrum 12-19-19 11:21 AM

I’m intrigued

Why So Blu? 12-19-19 11:46 AM

Looks great!

RichC2 12-19-19 12:22 PM

Mementoception

Mabuse 12-19-19 12:56 PM

Reminding me of the Tony Scott film Deja Vu.

Mike86 12-19-19 12:57 PM

Looking pretty good to me. I’ve liked most of Nolan’s films. Dunkirk didn’t do a whole lot for me if I’m honest though. Definitely will check this out.

Shannon Nutt 12-19-19 02:41 PM

...and I still don't know what the f**k this movie is about. :lol:

Groucho 12-19-19 03:16 PM

It does seem that time travel is involved.

philo 12-19-19 06:06 PM

Some sort of controlled localized rewinding of time? Looks wild.

E Unit 12-19-19 06:09 PM

So this is the non-Michael Bay version of 6 Underground? Although this one may have an actual plot.

nando820 12-20-19 09:24 AM

ditto on all the comments. Don't understand anything yet i'm so there

Why So Blu? 12-20-19 11:37 AM

If you notice the scene with the yellow ship on the water, the waves cascade backwards as the camera zooms in on the ship.

Troy Stiffler 12-20-19 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by philo (Post 13658245)
Some sort of controlled localized rewinding of time? Looks wild.

I think he can see the future. But in that final scene I’m not sure how others can see it though.

Dr. DVD 12-20-19 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by E Unit (Post 13658248)
So this is the non-Michael Bay version of 6 Underground? Although this one may have an actual plot.

That was my initial reaction as well.

GoldenJCJ 12-20-19 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13658697)
If you notice the scene with the yellow ship on the water, the waves cascade backwards as the camera zooms in on the ship.

So this is a remake of Anaconda?

Cusm 12-23-19 09:15 AM

They had a different trailer at the beginning of Rise of Skywalker in IMAX. It seemed to be the first few minutes of the movie with terrorist taking over an Opera House in Russia. Looked good, lots of stuff going on and I got more info from the other trailer.

dex14 12-23-19 09:19 AM

Yes, it was the prologue I posted about earlier.

Osiris3657 01-11-20 09:02 PM

I walked into my screening of 1917 like halfway through the prologue. Had no idea what the fuck was going on or even what it was until it ended and said Tenet. Looking forward to the full feature this summer though

story 01-11-20 09:23 PM

Walked in during the trailers before 1917 so I missed this. But I'm okay, I'm going to try to go in as dark as I can.

Rival11 01-13-20 08:52 AM

Trailer did nothing for me

Dvdlovr24 05-20-20 10:49 PM

Just saw a commercial on ESPN saying coming to theaters and that a new trailer was debuting tomorrow.