Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

House Shark (2017)

Old 01-18-19, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
House Shark (2017)

I can't believe there was never a thread about this here! Watched this last night, (SUPER BAKED) and it was a lot of fun. A bit long at 1:50, but totally worth the time if you like really bad acting, offensive jokes, idiotic special effects, fake beards, shoestring budgets, etc ... Currently streaming free on amazon prime!

When Frank (Trey Harrison) finds his happy home under attack by a dangerous but largely unknown breed of shark, he’s enlists the aid of the world’s only “House Shark” Expert, Zachary (Michael Merchant), and a grizzled former real estate agent, Abraham (Wes Reid), to embark on a desperate quest to destroy the beast and claim back his life.
Old 01-18-19, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 873 Likes on 644 Posts
Re: House Shark (2017)

Reminds me of the train wreck Santa Jaws I saw over the holidays.
Old 01-18-19, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Reminds me of the train wreck Santa Jaws I saw over the holidays.
playing Ave Maria at the end as the shark sank to the bottom made it all worth it.

* i apologize ahead of time if I was supposed to spoiler a poor Syfy shark week movie*

Old 01-19-19, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Saw this a while back.

I also thought it went on longer than it should have but the random Low-Budget nature of the film is pretty hilarious.

Ron Bonk's involvement meant a some of actors who were in Night of Something Strange (2016) (he was an Executive Producer on it) were also in this film, which I think benefits it overall.
Old 01-19-19, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the recommendation!

We always record and then watch these goofy shark movies, especially during Shark Week.
It's a great summer tradition in my HT: adult beverages and bad shark attack movies.
Ironically, I have REAL fear of being attacked by sharks while swimming in the ocean (crocs are another one).
Old 01-19-19, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

My favorite part: (NSFW ... don't read if you don't want to spoil the best kill)
Spoiler:
A couple are taking a tour of the house that house shark lives in, thinking about buying it. They get off away from the realtor, and start making out. The guy runs his hand up the girl's dress and is seriously going at her butt. She says "Hey! I don't want the realtor to find us here with your finger up my ass!"

The realtor doesn't find them, but house shark does! And he kills them both. Later in the movie, our hero finds the corpse of the guy, and he has his girlfriend's ripped off butthole on his finger. Our hero proceeds to sniff it to see what it is!