Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Night School (2018, D: Malcolm D. Lee) S: Kevin Hart, Tiffany Haddish

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-18, 07:50 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

<iframe width="649" height="365" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t9QtXGirWf0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="649" height="365" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lOl-jySoseI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In Theaters September 28, 2018
https://www.nightschoolmovie.com

Star Kevin Hart and producer Will Packer, who partnered for the hit Ride Along and Think Like a Man series, bring their signature style to Night School. The comedy from director Malcolm D. Lee (Girls Trip) follows a group of misfits who are forced to attend adult classes in the longshot chance they’ll pass the GED exam.

Co-stars Tiffany Haddish, Rob Riggle, Taran Killam and Romany Malco join Hart on-screen for the film that Hart produces for his Hartbeat Productions, and Packer via his Will Packer Productions.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6781982
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/night_school_2018
Old 09-27-18, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Night School (2018, D: Malcolm D. Lee) S: Kevin Hart, Tiffany Haddish

Reviews are coming out and they are not great, which is a little surprising to me. 30% so far on RT.
Old 09-27-18, 01:03 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I like both Haddish and Hart, but everything they've showed so far seem pretty lackluster compared to their other efforts. Seems like a good Saturday HBO movie to me.
Old 09-27-18, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Of all the cash grab movies/shows Hart has made recently, this looks to be by far the worst. The trailers are cringe worthy.
Old 10-28-18, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I caught a late matinee today before this left theaters.

Hart's movies are kind of a guilty pleasure for me and I was entertained by this. It had some laughs and I enjoyed the dynamic between him and Haddish. Yeah he's playing essentially the same character he's played in his last 5+ movies, but it's his schtick.

If you're not a fan of his brand of comedy, then this is obviously not for you. For me, I thought Tiffany Haddish was the highlight. I thought she was hilarious. It's predictable and has a nice and tidy ending. I thought Keith David was also great as Hart's father.

I'd give it a B- Not something I'd watch again or want to own, but a good 1 hr 45 minutes to kill on a Sunday afternoon. I would only recommend this if you're a fan of him or Haddish.

I know movies are an investment in time and money and you can't see everything that comes out. I'm sure most of you have no interest in devoting the time to see a Kevin Hart comedy in the theater and will wait to see this in a few months via DVD or a digital rental.

I was in the mood for a few laughs today and with A-List this didn't cost me anything out of pocket. So it was worth the trip.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-28-18 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-25-18, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Wow, this was some unfunny shit and that's coming from someone who generally likes Kevin Hart.
Old 12-25-18, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Wow, this was some unfunny shit and that's coming from someone who generally likes Kevin Hart.
Yeah, it was garbage. I'm not a fan of Hart, but this was by far his worst movie.
Old 12-25-18, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Can't say I should expect more from the director of Scary Movie 5 either. Also doesn't help there were FIVE writers credited, one of them was Hart (who knows how many other writers that weren't credited).
Old 12-27-18, 04:48 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

this was beyond embarassing. No cast chemistry at all