Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

WolfCop (2014) / Another WolfCop (2018)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-18, 12:52 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4VVc4fsxAJU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Officer Lou Garou isn’t the best cop in small-town Woodhaven - in fact, he’s probably the worst. He mostly just looks to avoid anything that could possibly interfere with his goal of getting wasted. One evening during the night shift, Lou investigates a mysterious disturbance at the edge of town and wakes up with a pentagram carved in his chest, heightened senses and body hair that’s growing at an alarming rate. To solve the mystery of his transformation, he’ll have to take on a case no normal cop would be able to solve, but this half-man, half-beast is not just a cop…he’s a WOLFCOP.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9zshK6yncI0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ANOTHER WOLFCOP on DVD & Blu-ray 7/3!

A year has passed since the dark eclipse transformed hard-drinking Officer Lou Garou (Leo Fafard) into the infamous lycanthrope crime-fighter. Although the evil that controlled Woodhaven was defeated, the community is far from returning to normal. A villainous entrepreneur (Yannick Bisson) is looking to open a new brewery and revive the local hockey team, but it’s clear he has ulterior motives. With a new mayor (Kevin Smith) and the new chief of police (Amy Matysio), WolfCop has his work cut out for him when he has to save the town all over again.
I'm shocked there wasn't a thread already for the first film! These seem right up the alley of some users around here.

The sequel is coming to Bluray soon. It's pretty cheap on Amazon.
Old 06-01-18, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts
Re: WolfCop (2014) / Another WolfCop (2018)

The first film is not very good. I loved the marketing behind it and I did like the make-up effects for the wolf man, but that was it. I will be checking out the second film, though.
Old 06-01-18, 02:44 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

I have a pretty low bar for enjoying films, especially horror, but Wolf Cop was one of my few blind buy regrets.
Old 06-01-18, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
The first film is not very good. I loved the marketing behind it and I did like the make-up effects for the wolf man, but that was it.
Funny you should say that.
According to my queue history, I rented it from NF in 2015 but I can't remember anything about it.
Most likely there wasn't much for me TO remember.
I will be checking out the second film, though.
Trailer looks good...I'm in.
Old 08-19-18, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I watched the first movie tonight. It's pretty ridiculous, but I actually didn't hate it. It had a couple twists that I did not see coming. I also really like the effects the used for the wolf costume. 2.75/5
Old 08-19-18, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

The second film is even worse than the first and it has a bigger budget. Too bad none of it went to the script. Hell, even the first film was way more coherent than this one.