DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Deadpool 2 (Leitch, 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/644029-deadpool-2-leitch-2018-%97-spoiler-filled-reviews-thread.html)

OldBoy 05-14-18 06:54 PM

Deadpool 2 (Leitch, 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Please continue pre-release discussion here.

Movie:
"Deadpool 2" (Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, Morena Baccarin, Zazie Beetz, Brianna Hildebrand, T.J. Miller, Terry Crews)

Release Date:
5/18/18

Rating:
R (for intense sex, drugs, carnage and rock ‘n roll throughout.)

Running Time:
119m. (1h. 59m.)

Budget:
$100 million (estimated)

IMDb Synopsis:
Spoiler:
After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry's hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the Yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor - finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World's Best Lover. Written by Twentieth Century Fox

IMDb Info and Rating:
9.2 (1,676 votes as of 5/14/18)

Rotten Tomatoes:
Fresh:1 Rotten:0 (100% as of 5/14/18)

Metacritic:
xx metascore ('Universal acclaim reviews' as of 5/14/18)

Trailer:

Poster Art:
https://i.imgur.com/rsfCtJD.jpg

DJariya 05-14-18 07:18 PM

Re: Deadpool 2 (Leitch, 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Looking forward to it. Although I can't see it until next Monday at the soonest. Have work booked on Friday through the whole weekend.

OldBoy 05-14-18 07:28 PM

Monday night, i think, for me too...

OldBoy 05-14-18 07:29 PM

i love 20th Century's synopsis they listed...

fumanstan 05-14-18 07:57 PM

I saw that the review embargo lifts tonight at 8 PM Pacific, so we should see reviews shortly.

fumanstan 05-14-18 10:24 PM

And... incoming.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/deadpool_2

ViewAskewbian 05-14-18 10:25 PM

91% fresh so far

OldBoy 05-15-18 08:03 PM

86% ain’t bad for a sequel. Plus, the early drama...

RichC2 05-15-18 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13332481)
86% ain’t bad for a sequel. Plus, the early drama...

Higher than the first. What early drama? The "test screening" bs?

Brack 05-15-18 08:26 PM

Got my $4 ticket through T-Mobile Tuesdays for Thursday night. :thumbsup:

OldBoy 05-17-18 01:10 PM

i love that DP2 is scoring a little higher at RT than Avengers: Infinity Wars. wonder what DP2 will be tomorrow...

OldBoy 05-17-18 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 13332492)
What early drama? The "test screening" bs?

wasn't there director bs?

RichC2 05-17-18 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13333789)
wasn't there director bs?

I suppose? That was settled well before they started filming, or really developing, the sequel so I'm not sure it really counts.

And now it's directed by Brad Pitt and Trey Parker's stunt <s>cock</s> double.

dex14 05-17-18 08:21 PM

^^^ Funny you mention one of those, since Brad is in it!

This was a fucking blast! Great action. Hilarious throughout.

Cameos were awesome.

The credit scene rotfl

And Zazie Bretz is hot as fuck.

Koby 05-17-18 08:25 PM

Probably gonna be Monday before I can see this.

Loved the first one.

Deftones 05-17-18 08:48 PM

Got my tix for Saturday night.

candyrocket786 05-17-18 08:53 PM

Honestly... I thought the film was one big cock tease....maybe that was the point. I really thought we were going to get to see particular badass in action, instead of being killed off so quickly. The other unstoppable badass was awesome but sort of went out like a bitch.

Domino IS FANTASTIC!

Still it was entertaining.

OldBoy 05-17-18 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13334065)
^^^ Funny you mention one of those, since Brad is in it!

This was a fucking blast! Great action. Hilarious throughout.

Cameos were awesome.

The credit scene rotfl

And Zazie Bretz is hot as fuck.

Is that an after full credits scene?

candyrocket786 05-17-18 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13334095)
Is that an after full credits scene?

No.

dex14 05-17-18 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by candyrocket786 (Post 13334091)
Honestly... I thought the film was one big cock tease....maybe that was the point. I really thought we were going to get to see particular badass in action, instead of being killed off so quickly. The other unstoppable badass was awesome but sort of went out like a bitch.

Domino IS FANTASTIC!

Still it was entertaining.

I think that was the point. Subverting expectation. I thought that X-Force parachute seen was great. So funny.

Abob Teff 05-17-18 09:10 PM

Just got DPed twice with biggest size possible ... Out of town for work, so I saw the double feature on IMAX. I was surprised to see MoviePass covering the double feature at some theaters. Of course, since I chose IMAX, I couldn’t use it, but I can still catch another (regular showing).

Holy shit balls! Do not walk, do not pass “Go”, RUN out and see this NOW!

So much I want to say ... this is the Spoiler Filled thread, right? You’ve been warned. I’ll still try to be a bit cryptic in case you didn’t heed the warning.

The opening twist definitely tugged at the heartstrings.

I think I was close to pissing myself during the X-Force parachute scene. This alone was worth the price of an IMAX double feature. I was thinking Peter would become Cable based on what happened to him. Then I kept looking at him, trying to figure out if it was Brolin.

They revealed too much of the humor in the trailers, but there is PLENTY more ...

Loved the James Bond title sequence, but it was a chore to watch it and read the credits. Repeat viewing!

The kid was actually pretty funny and well done. Get it? Well done! (I’m trying too hard.)

Rick and Morty fans: Baby Legs!

And yes, Zazie Beetz is HAF as Black Black Widow.

Azor Ahai 05-17-18 09:30 PM

Just got back. First off, THERE IS NO POST-CREDITS SCENE. There is one post-ending bit that comes MID-credits. Wish people would differentiate between the two in their advance Twitter reviews because I and others purposefully sat there until the final credit rolled and then... nothing.

Anyway, the first Deadpool didn't bowl me over like it did others at the time but I enjoyed it well enough and gave it a solid B grade. I give this sequel a B as well. It really is, in the end, no better or worse than the first, really. The pacing was a little bit choppier at times. The first was leaner and flowed better, this one had parts where it borderline seemed to drag. And to me, the kid was annoying. Not Jar Jar Binks grating or anything of the sort. Just... annoying. They could've picked a better kid actor.

Ryan Reynolds has perfected the role. It fits him like a glove now and he pretty much carries the entire thing on his shoulders, as he should.

Domino was okay. She's asked to do little more than kick ass and look good but she does that well, I guess. Not particularly memorable. Josh Brolin was fine. The budget was clearly larger and as such the fights/carnage are more elaborate but after a while it gets to be a bit repetitive. A couple of cool cameos that really took the audience aback and some genuinely funny jabs at DC AND Fox.

Overall, if you liked the first there really is no reason why you shouldn't like this one.

Edit to add: The new Queen/ Freddie Mercury biopic looks terrific and this new upcoming movie called TAG with Jeremy Renner and Ed Helms looks like the stupidest fucking idea for a Hollywood movie to be greenlit in literal decades.

stingermck 05-17-18 09:38 PM

Welp. I didnt expect to see most of X-force killed :lol: I mean Shatterstar? Damn!

Domino was cool, though under developed. But thats just a fault of running time and a lot of things going on.

X-Men cameo was great, and there were tons of comic references. Brolin was cool as Cable. He mentioned Hope!

Great fun, and a worthy sequel to the original.

dex14 05-17-18 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Azor Ahai (Post 13334121)

Edit to add: The new Queen/ Freddie Mercury biopic looks terrific and this new upcoming movie called TAG with Jeremy Renner and Ed Helms looks like the stupidest fucking idea for a Hollywood movie to be greenlit in literal decades.

Tag looks great.

DthRdrX 05-17-18 09:52 PM

This was worth it just for that credits scene.

I think I was the only one in my theater that got the "must have been written by some guy that can't draw feet" line.