Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Alien: Covenant (Scott, 2017) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Alien: Covenant (Scott, 2017) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
1.28%
2.56%
20.51%
23.08%
20.51%
12.82%
11.54%
3.85%
2.56%
0%
0%
What are you high?
1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Alien: Covenant (Scott, 2017) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-21, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
Re: Alien: Covenant (Scott, 2017) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Old 04-15-21, 07:13 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,187 Likes on 838 Posts

Why did you post the same shitty video twice?

If you want "engagement" maybe say something about it? Nah, too easy to rely on tired rehashed arguments instead of anything remotely new to say, made by someone four years after the movie came out.
Old 04-15-21, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Why did you post the same shitty video twice?

If you want "engagement" maybe say something about it? Nah, too easy to rely on tired rehashed arguments instead of anything remotely new to say, made by someone four years after the movie came out.
Didn't even realize it. It was by accident. I thought I posted it on my phone to a facebook group that I'm a member of. It's still a piece of shit IMO by a once admired director who's lost it and thinks people should worship anything that comes out of his ass. I'm so glad he didn't direct Bladerunner 2049. There's my "engagement."
Old 04-15-21, 08:08 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks for taking the time to make more than another drive-by post, but there's no way you didn't see it, with the exact same video, before you posted it again.

On the video itself, dude is about as obnoxious* as Cinema Sins, bringing nothing of substance to the discussion, instead just running down the same old list of "things I don't like, wah!!"
​​​​​​
Such brave #content**

*I'll add that the video I posted a while back had a guy who is arguably just as obnoxious, but at least he had something marginally original to say (about this being the Mad Scientist ALIEN film in a series where each film fits a slightly different genre).

​​​​​** I am working on a 15-hour #content dissertation of Alien: Covenant. I'll be sure to share it here multiple times when I'm done.
Spoiler:
No I'm not, but

Old 04-16-21, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Thanks for taking the time to make more than another drive-by post, but there's no way you didn't see it, with the exact same video, before you posted it again.

On the video itself, dude is about as obnoxious* as Cinema Sins, bringing nothing of substance to the discussion, instead just running down the same old list of "things I don't like, wah!!"
​​​​​​
I get certain things stuck in my you.tube. "recommended for you" section and for a while it was Cinema Sins, which were clever at first and then it seemed like the creator was reaching for content just to spew out more videos. Haven't seen any of those for a while. Now I've got those "Pitch Meeting" videos...
Old 04-16-21, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

I like the Pitch Meeting, it's not Honest Trailers, but sometimes he makes some good points, I didn't think about, while watching the movie. I still like Prometheus and Alien: Covenant though.
Old 04-16-21, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Runaway
I like the Pitch Meeting, it's not Honest Trailers, but sometimes he makes some good points, I didn't think about, while watching the movie. I still like Prometheus and Alien: Covenant though.
I thought he made good points (for example, his take-down of Wonder Woman 1984 was quite good) and I enjoyed them for a time, -when they were sort of random. The guy definitely has some comic talent. However, it seemed like he started grinding out about five a week, reaching back for films, and not just weak films, and he started becoming one of those guys who craps on things just to show how smart he is.
Old 04-16-21, 02:34 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DWilson
he started becoming one of those guys who craps on things just to show how smart he is.
Alight... What's his DVDTalk username?