Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

For the Love of Spock (2016) -- D: A. Nimoy -- Documentary on life of Leonard Nimoy

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

For the Love of Spock (2016) -- D: A. Nimoy -- Documentary on life of Leonard Nimoy

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-16, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

This documentary will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of "Star Trek" through the life of Leonard Nimoy and his most famous role of Mr. Spock.

Trailer:

Anyone seen or heard about this new documentary? Was just released this past week on demand and through various providers like Itunes, Amazon etc.

Just watched the trailer and I'm intrigued. Plus, it was made by Nimoy's son and had Nimoy's full support before he passed away. I went ahead and rented it via the Playstaton store. Going to try to watch it later today.

Here are all the rental/purchase options:

http://fortheloveofspock.com/watch
Old 09-17-16, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: For the Love of Spock (2016) -- D: A. Nimoy -- Documentary on life of Leonard Nim

Originally Posted by DJariya

I definitely recommend it to any fan of Nimoy or TOS. I caught this at the Alamo Drafthouse in Dallas last week.

My only complaint is that the CGI remastered effects shots were used for footage from TOS when the movie covered that era.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-4rck6OLT4

Anyone seen or heard about this new documentary? Was just released this past week on demand and through various providers like Itunes, Amazon etc.

Just watched the trailer and I'm intrigued. Plus, it was made by Nimoy's son and had Nimoy's full support before he passed away. I went ahead and rented it via the Playstaton store. Going to try to watch it later today.

Here are all the rental/purchase options:

http://fortheloveofspock.com/watch
Old 09-17-16, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: For the Love of Spock (2016) -- D: A. Nimoy -- Documentary on life of Leonard Nim

Looks intriguing. I'll have to look this up. I remember he had a lot of issues playing Spock. He didn't like the typecasting. The constant suppressing of emotions got to him over time. Eventually he came to embrace the character. His first autobiography was I Am Not Spock. Eventually he wrote I Am Spock.
Old 09-17-16, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk God

According to the official website, a BD/DVD won't be out until December 6th.
Old 09-17-16, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/637...star-trek.html
Old 09-27-16, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Just finished this. Loved it. If you're a Star Trek fan and a fan of Nimoy, I think you will really enjoy it.

Just a beautiful celebration of Nimoy's life through his son's eyes, his eyes and from the perspective of fans, his friends and colleagues. Part of the film was narrated by Leonard, so I guess they started work on this film before he passed away. Some really great interviews mostly conducted by Adam Nimoy. This felt like a very personal film as opposed to your standard biographical documentary.

I didn't realize that Nimoy and his son had such a rocky relationship. I'm glad they managed to repair things before he passed away.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear in the film that Leonard loved working on the JJ Abrams Star Trek movies.

The DVD/BD doesn't come out until December, but if you have a few hours to spare and can see it now, it's absolutely worth the $8 rental.
Old 12-02-16, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk God

http://instantwatcher.com/title/8011...e=New%20Titles

Great news. Now on Netflix as of today

I don't regret renting this a few months ago, but I encourage those here who are Trek fans and fans of Nimoy to watch this now that it's on Netflix and easily accessible. Awesome. My comments above still apply.

It's a love letter to Nimoy and Star Trek fans.