Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Irwin Keyes (House of 1000 Corpses) Dead at 63

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Irwin Keyes, an actor with credits ranging from “The Jeffersons” to “The Flinstones in Viva Rock Vegas,” died July 8. He was 63.
Keyes appeared in a number of horror films, including “House of 1000 Corpses” and, most recently, “Dahmer vs. Gacy” in 2009.
On July 8 Keyes’ niece, Rene Galarza, announced his death in a post to his Facebook page:
“It’s with deep sympathy that I’m writing this post. Early this morning my family was informed that our beloved uncle, brother, teammate and friend, Irwin Keyes, has had his last curtain call. He is now an angel for us all and will be watching down. Our family wishes to thank all of you who have been a part of his life. He will be missed very much.”
Keyes was born in New York City and made his bigscreen debut as a policeman in 1979 cult classic “The Warriors.” He appeared in “The Exterminator” and its sequel, “The Flintstones” feature and its sequel, the feature adaptation of “Get Smart” and the Coen brothers movie “Intolerable Cruelty,” most recently appearing in the 2013 Web series “Dead Kansas.”

In addition to “The Jeffersons,” the actor’s TV credits included “Police Squad,” “Married… With Children,” “Growing Pains” and a 2007 episode of “CSI.”

He is survived by his wife, Tracy Fontaine, whom he married in 2008.
Old 07-08-15, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Irwin Keyes (House of 1000 Corpses) Dead at 63

Always dug seeing him pop up in films. 63 is too young, but he seemed like the type who wouldn't go much further.

Old 07-08-15, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws
Always dug seeing him pop up in films.
Yup. Last saw him in Black Dynamite. And anyone who appeared in The Warriors will always get a salute from me.
Old 07-08-15, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

I've seen a bunch of stuff that he was in, but I'll always remember him most from the sega cd game Double Switch. I played the hell outta that one.