Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Source Code 2 (D: Anna Foerster)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-14, 03:21 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

“Source Code 2″ is ramping up development with Anna Foerster signed on to direct the follow up to the science fiction thriller, sources confirm.

The Mark Gordon Company and Vendome Pictures are returning to produce with Vendome again financing the project. “Source Code” screenwriter Ben Ripley is back to write the script for the new installment.

The original “Source Code,” which starred Jake Gyllenhal, was a respectable performer at the box office in 2011, earning $54 million domestically and $147 million worldwide on an estimated $30 million budget for Summit. No distributor or actor is currently attached to “Source Code 2.”

Gordon will produce alongside Vendome’s Philippe Rousselet. Michele Wolkoff and Drew Simon will oversee the project for The Mark Gordon Company, with Guy Stodel and Fabrice Gianfermi overseeing for Vendome.

Foerster first collaborated with Gordon when she served as the second unit director on the Gordon-produced films “10,000 B.C.” and “The Day After Tomorrow.” Gordon then hired Foerster to direct several episodes of “Criminal Minds” and “Army Wives,” both of which he serves as an executive producer.

Gyllenhaal, Vera Farmiga, Michelle Monaghan and Jeffrey Wright co-starred in the original film, set on a Chicago commuter train in which Gyllenhaal’s character experienced the last eight minutes of another person’s life within an alternative timeline.

Foerster’s credits include the Starz cable series “Outlander.” She’s a longtime collaborator with Roland Emmerich as a director of photography on “White House Down,” “Anonymous,” “10,000 B.C.,” “The Day After Tomorrow” and “Independence Day” on the visual effects camera unit.

The Mark Gordon Co. is in production on TV series including “Grey’s Anatomy” (ABC), “Criminal Minds” (CBS), “Ray Donovan” (Showtime) and its most recent project “Benched,” a courtroom comedy for USA Network.

Gordon’s film credits include “Saving Private Ryan,” “Day After Tomorrow,” “Speed,” “The Patriot” and “Wonder Boys.” He’s also developing “Jobs” for Universal, “Arms and the Dudes” for Warners and is partnered with FilmNation on Berlin Wall drama “The Tunnels” with Paul Greengrass directing.

Foerster is repped by The Gersh Agency.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/so...ve-1201368932/
Old 12-02-14, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Source Code 2 (D: Anna Foerster)

Source Code was a nice and pleasant surprise. This seems like it's just cheap sequel fodder at first glance though.
Old 12-02-14, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So what? Farmiga and the doctor guy come back? Unless they, most likely, go a different route to stay cheap?
Old 12-02-14, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I didn't care for Source Code but sure why not!
Old 12-02-14, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I loved Source Code up until the forced 'happy" ending. I like to pretend that was simply a fantasy
Spoiler:
Gyllenhal was experiencing just as Farmiga pulled the plug.
Old 12-02-14, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I saw the original over and over and would be in for a sequel with lowered expectations.

Spoiler:
Just for the record, I didn't really watch it over and over but I did see it a few times because my teen liked it.
Old 12-02-14, 06:26 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

i really loved the 1st and would be down if up to similar level of acting and stuff...