DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Actress Misty Upham (Frozen River, August: OC) Reported Missing. Possible suicide. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/622901-actress-misty-upham-frozen-river-august-oc-reported-missing-possible-suicide.html)

OldBoy 10-11-14 06:48 PM

Actress Misty Upham (Frozen River, August: OC) Reported Missing. Possible suicide.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_5968588.html

http://d3rm69wky8vagu.cloudfront.net...e/1.161424.jpg

this actually upsets me because i really enjoyed her in Frozen River.

Decker 10-11-14 08:42 PM

Re: Actress Misty Upham (Frozen River, August: OC) Reported Missing. Possible suicide

So if you didn't enjoy her performance, you'd be okay with her disappearance?

auto 10-11-14 10:13 PM

Re: Actress Misty Upham (Frozen River, August: OC) Reported Missing. Possible suicide

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 12266227)
So if you didn't enjoy her performance, you'd be okay with her disappearance?

Seems reasonable. This happens all the time. People only care when there is a reason. Being somewhat famous is one of them.

Abob Teff 10-11-14 10:17 PM

No idea who she is, but I care because she is hot. If she were ugly I would not care.

Maybe she is hanging out with Nick Stahl. Did anybody ever find him?

printerati 10-17-14 08:52 AM

Update: DEAD.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/misty-up...police-853408/

Misty Upham Found Dead: Family Of ‘Frozen River’ Actress Says Police Uncooperative In Search

Misty Upham, who was nominated for an Indie Spirit Award in 2009 for her role in the feature film Frozen River, was found dead in the woods in Auburn, WA, today after going missing earlier this month. She was 32. Filmmaker friend Tracy Rector, speaking on behalf of the family, confirmed that the Native American actress was found by a search party led by uncle Robert Upham. She was later identified by family members. “The main thing her family wants people to know is that the Auburn Police Department would not cooperate in looking for Misty,” Rector told Deadline. “There’s a long history of police harassment and friction between the police and the Muckleshoot community here, and her family feels they dropped the ball and Misty perhaps would have been found if the police had taken it seriously.”

“Misty was a talented and kind soul who will be greatly missed,” said Upham’s manager Richard Kerner. “My deepest condolences to her family and friends.”

Upham, whose recent credits included the Oscar-nominated August: Osage County and Django Unchained, was reported missing by her family October 6. Her body was found this afternoon near the White River less than an hour outside Seattle, according to that city’s KIRO-TV. A search party of three found Upham’s purse and ID and later discovered her body at the bottom of a 150-foot ravine, the Seattle Times reported. The body was not immediately ID’d but the paper quoted a police spokesman as saying there was a “good chance” it was Upham. The King County Coroner’s office is expected to make a statement tomorrow.

. . .

Earlier this week on October 12, Upham’s father Charles issued a statement via Facebook revealing his daughter’s struggles with mental illness and his frustration at the Auburn Police Department’s lack of mobilization. He also emphasized that he did not believe Upham would take her own life. “We have requested help from the Muckleshoot tribe for search teams but they do not have funding for that. We are petitioning Auburn PD to implement the ENDANGERED MISSING PERSONS PLAN. This will allow law enforcement to search for her and bring her into medical care when they find her. But they feel she does not fit the profile at this time. The detective on the case assured our family that Auburn PD is doing everything they can to find Misty. But then they release a press statement and say they are not looking for her. These mixed messages are confusing.”

Solid Snake 10-17-14 09:05 AM

She was in Django Unchained?

inri222 10-17-14 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake (Post 12272939)
She was in Django Unchained?

http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-cont...washington.jpg

OldBoy 10-17-14 04:13 PM

sad. i really liked her.

inri222 10-17-14 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 12273398)
sad. i really liked her.

Yup, she was great in Frozen River.

OldBoy 10-17-14 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by inri222 (Post 12273494)
Yup, she was great in Frozen River.

yes she was, played off of Melissa Leo perfectly, and great movie!

mickey65 10-17-14 09:42 PM

She was also good in "Skins" as an abused wife.

Count Dooku 10-17-14 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by printerati (Post 12272929)
Update: DEAD.

What do you want on your tombstone?

The Cow 10-17-14 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku (Post 12273720)
What do you want on your tombstone?

Pepperoni and sausage.

Spiderbite 10-18-14 12:02 AM

I heard she was great in Frozen River.

OldBoy 10-18-14 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite (Post 12273819)
I heard she was great in Frozen River.

rent it. you won't be sorry.

OldBoy 10-18-14 11:37 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1978857

Misty Upham's family claims the "August: Osage County" actress's death was an accident while she ran away from police — not a suicide.

The 32-year-old fell into a ravine in a wooded area behind her Auburn, Wash., apartment during a desperate attempt to flee from the officers she was afraid of, the Upham family explained in a Facebook post titled "Official Upham Family Press Release."

"She simply did not see the drop off," the post, allegedly penned by her father Charles Upham, said.

The family claimed Misty Upham bolted from home when police stopped by earlier this month.

DVD Josh 10-18-14 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 12274044)
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1978857

Misty Upham's family claims the "August: Osage County" actress's death was an accident while she ran away from police — not a suicide.

The 32-year-old fell into a ravine in a wooded area behind her Auburn, Wash., apartment during a desperate attempt to flee from the officers she was afraid of, the Upham family explained in a Facebook post titled "Official Upham Family Press Release."

"She simply did not see the drop off," the post, allegedly penned by her father Charles Upham, said.

The family claimed Misty Upham bolted from home when police stopped by earlier this month.

Yes, people running away from the police often stop to take off their shoes and lay down their purse at the top of the drop off that they did not see.

mickey65 10-18-14 07:55 PM

Yeah, I think the family is in denial.

collven 10-19-14 12:54 AM

It bothers me that at first the family blamed police for not doing enough, and then come out and say she died because she was hiding from the police.

I know TMZ is no paragon of journalistic integrity, but they were wondering if the family is denying the suicide reports due to a possibly large life insurance policy. Of course, it wouldn't pay if she killed herself.

Spiderbite 10-19-14 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by collven (Post 12274537)
It bothers me that at first the family blamed police for not doing enough, and then come out and say she died because she was hiding from the police.

I know TMZ is no paragon of journalistic integrity, but they were wondering if the family is denying the suicide reports due to a possibly large life insurance policy. Of course, it wouldn't pay if she killed herself.

That's a myth. Most life insurance policies do pay on suicide but there usually is a time frame built within the policy. You can't just take one out and then kill yourself immediately. But most pay if you kill yourself sometimes one or two years after the policy has been taken out. Depends on the policy and the company.

TomOpus 10-19-14 10:13 AM

Mine has a 2-year suicide clause.

Why So Blu? 10-19-14 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by inri222 (Post 12272966)

Oh wow. She was cool in Django.

"Get your big ass out the way."

"Oh you know you like it!"

"That's cuz you know what I like!"

She looks totally different.

Solid Snake 10-19-14 10:19 AM

You just look that up or what?

TomOpus 10-19-14 01:29 PM

No, just remember that clause when I signed up..... 2 years ago -eek-

dsa_shea 10-20-14 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 12274878)
No, just remember that clause when I signed up..... 2 years ago -eek-

Times up!